Ever been accused of "cheating" Thanksgiving retailers?

laffnatu

I was at work yesterday and we decided to put up our Christmas tree. We put it up and our Grinch of a mechanic says that we are "cheating" Thanksgiving workers out of Thanksgiving. Because we are skipping Thanksgiving and heading straight to Christmas. We aren't skipping TG... we have it decorated for both. :D

I told him that I'm not cheating anyone. I am still gonna eat Turkey on Thanksgiving. :D

To pacify him, I hung little plastic turkeys from the tree also... maybe he won't complain anymore.:tongue1:

Do anyone else (not me) think that each year we start earlier and earlier with Christmas?

Guest Frieked

I bought christmas ornaments at target weeks before halloween.

They were star wars ornaments and I'm pretty sure have since sold out :)

nah dono't think anyone is cheating thanksgiving. the walmart here usually starts putting up christmas in later september. This year it was late october so it started later :(

there are christms decorations popping up all over town here, we're going to put ours up before long too!

Guest all2tired

I don't know of any store that doesn't have the tree up before Thanksgiving.

Granted i think putting them up in Sept or Oct is going a little over board butthey all do it. I think Nov is ok to put it up but why some do it in Sep is beyond me

People don't decorate for Thanksgiving like they do for Christmas, but I think that people aren't taking away from the meaning of Thanksgiving just because there are Christmas decorations around. We don't put our tree up until bf, but I would put it up before if it were up to me.