Buy a Diamond Ring - Carat v Ring Material

law

Guessing the half carat is a round with the 1 carat being a fancy shape? If you go to pricescope dot com they have a toolbar at the top where you plug in the specs of the diamond and give average prices from different sellers to make sure it's a good deal.

If all of that checks out i would check with my girlfriend. Some women are allergic to nickel that gold is plated with or other metals and can only wear silver. But on the flip side some women prefer larger diamonds where others prefer a more understated look. It depends on your future fiancé and her preferences with diamond shape and size and any possible allergies or preferences with metals.

Guessing the half carat is a round with the 1 carat being a fancy shape? If you go to pricescope dot com they have a toolbar at the top where you plug in the specs of the diamond and give average prices from different sellers to make sure it's a good deal.

If all of that checks out i would check with my girlfriend. Some women are allergic to nickel that gold is plated with or other metals and can only wear silver. But on the flip side some women prefer larger diamonds where others prefer a more understated look. It depends on your future fiancé and her preferences with diamond shape and size and any possible allergies or preferences with metals.

Actually, the shape of the 1/2 carat is square, but you are correct on the 1 carat. There are no allergy concerns, I have bought her both silver and gold in the past. I'm just at a toss up on which is the better deal since both rings are close in price. I'll definitely check out that site. I guess I'm luck it isn't just an engagement ring, just a ring to match a set of jewerly I found on here a few years ago that was an absolute steal.

Is the gold 10K, 14K or 18K? The lower the number the more other metal is mixed in making for a sturdier ring and less expensive gold. Silver is soft so that is a consideration like momlori stated.

My opinion would be to get the bigger diamond and have it checked by the jeweler annually for any prong defects that should be fixed. The value of the ring won't ever decrease.

This is my specialty (family business and all ;) ) The square shape is indeed a princess cut and is a pretty popular shape. I am into unique shapes (I have a 3carat Sheild (shaped like a superman sheild) and a few kites (5 that make up a star) IMO diamond size only matters if it is a quality stone. Princess cuts do not mask inperfections very well, the facets in a round do better. I'd rather have quality over quanity but most girls would LOVE both.

If you love one stone over the other ask if it can be reset in a different band of the material of your choice. Mine are set in Platinum but that is not a grand option for most people since its so soft. Does she prefer a yellow gold or white gold, I don't wear any yellow gold at all. What other jewelry does she wear daily? Most likely she'll want them to match (although some people don't mind mixing) Are you sure the 2nd ring is SILVER and not white gold?

I ALWAYS admire a unique stone over a round.

Also stones are forever (if you don't loose them! Take the advice of PP and get the prongs checked REGULARLY!) you can always take the larger/nicer stone and set it in anything you'd like further down the road