Hmm, so if I don't have anything to buy on BF..

alimfp

The "Personal Shopping" thread made me think of this..

You know how people hire others to run their errands? What if you hired someone (or someone hired you) to do their BF shopping? Can you imagine what you could charge the person to deal with the stress of THEIR shopping?

Hmm.. ideas are hitting me suddenly about this. I already know there is stuff on BF that I want.. but hiring out my BF shopping services sounds more entertaining. :P

kind of defeats the purpose of saving all that $$ if your paying someone to do it for you??

I thought about that, but so far there's only one item out of all of the ads (thus far) that appeals to me. :P

What would you pay for someone to do this? I know *some* people don't enjoy it (though I know a lot of us here do!).

I guess what I meant to say is...If you are willing to pay someone $20 to go to Walmart to get a Gameboy SP for a savings of $20, then whats the point? You can go online and get just about anything you want if you don't want to face the crowds and money is not an object?:2wiggle::confused:

Well, what someone would charge wouldn't be an obscene amount. Also, I would think this would be of interest to people shopping for hundreds of dollars worth of items.. not just a couple $50 items or something. :)

This might not be such a bad idea. Personal Shoppers make good money. If someone hired you to do their shopping throughout the year, then provided you the money to do so on BF as well, that would be a bonus!

Also, most people who have personal shoppers (*and I am one for a couple members of my family) will not lower what they pay you just because it's BF. As a matter of fact, the Christmas list I have for the one person I do this for is the same whether I buy it on BF or on another day. I explained to her that I will get it much cheaper and save her some money by going on BF, she told me to keep the extra as my Christmas bonus.

Oh to be soooo rich that you can do that! But then again, it could have to do with the fact that it's my aunt. *teehee*

Usually the people shopping on BF are looking to save money...so I doubt they'd want to give the saved money to someone else.

Right. As I said above, not much for this person who is doing it. Afterall, personal shoppers in my area make $20 an hour for the first hour and then about $10/hour after that. So if someone wants hundreds of dollars in items, that's still probably a good savings even w/ paying someone.

FTR, I am not doing this.. well, not on BF. :)