Buying first then returning

pooyen

I do the RETURN/REBUY EVERY year!!!! The only store that prevents this is Walmart. They keep the BF stuff on skids wrapped with THICK plastic wrap in the isles until the sale starts. There's no way to get the product early.

Officemax & Staples work 100% of the time with pricematchs.

Best Buy tried to give me a hard time last year but after I explained that I would deny the charge on my credit card (100% of it) and still keep the item, they decided to see it my way and let me return/rebuy. :-)

Return/Rebuy is the ONLY way to get all the items you want.

Another suggestion is to hide the items in other "non-busy" places in the store (like in the garbage pails that stores sell). No one looks in them, and your "stuff" is there waiting for you! One hint - stash the stuff a couple days in advance!

It depends on what the item is as to if they care if it's opened or not. If it is something you can put back in the box and it looks fine, no problem. But if it's shrink wrapped, has stickers closing it, etc and you can't get it looking like before you purchased it - they have been known to give hard times over those.

but after I explained that I would deny the charge on my credit card (100% of it) and still keep the item, they decided to see it my way and let me return/rebuy. :-)

That is actually illegal and most stores know it, so try not to use that tactic (to the OP). There are restrictions on what all you can deny charges for, so your CC company may not allow it when you explain why you are doing it. :P

what I think might work at least at walmart, is to 'lay away with their 10 % down policy, then get the layaway on BF, making sure you get the sale price. It's not really a prior sale because it wasn't paid for yet, and if they did refuse ,just don't buy it, period, but I highly doubt that would happen.donna

Best Buy tried to give me a hard time last year but after I explained that I would deny the charge on my credit card (100% of it) and still keep the item, they decided to see it my way and let me return/rebuy. :-)

Return/Rebuy is the ONLY way to get all the items you want.

I would not advise trying the first option. :fryingpan Things like that usually come back on you.

I always get the items I want and so far I have yet to return/rebuy anything. I don't want to stand in line at cust. svc. on BF. You just have to have a good game plan when you walk out the door in the morning.:g_thumble