its funny how managers view these ads

mcmahonfan

I work at wal-mart and the assistant managers that I have given the ads to are like yeah but are they legit. Its like they don't believe the ads you guys have found.

Funny thing is I had a feeling that the assistant manager I had given the wal_mart ad to had not given it to the store manager so I made another copy of the list and gave it to the store manager. He did not even question whether it was legit or not he believed it right away. Actually he showed it to our District Manager who then faxed the list out to the rest of the stores in our district.

It is just weird how some people believe yeah when ya bring something to them and others question it.

When I worked at Wal-mart we didn't see the add until it was sent out in the mail. I don't know if the store manager had it before hand, but the department managers didn't get it until it was received in homes. One year, I received it at home the day before it was given out at work.

The managers may not have had copies of the actual ads, but they've had lists of the sale and blitz items for months........how else would they know what to order? Do people think the items just show up unannounced and unplanned for?

As an aside, I'm part of a very active bicycle club and as it happens, one of our members is a manager of two Wal-Mart Distribution Centers that encompass 5 warehouses in our area. He says the BF items are constantly overordered by store managers each year simply because the store managers never know how many of any item each will receive.

The laptop computer this year is a special case with very limited supplies per store. Usually, though, it's up to the distribution center managers to allocate the sale/blitz items "equitably" across all the stores they service. John takes into account the stores' prior sales volumes and splits up his supply to the stores his warehouses supplies.....and every year the store managers cry for more of everything.

So, the store managers have known for months what items are blitz/sale for BF even if they haven't seen the actual newspaper printed ad.

The managers may not have had copies of the actual ads, but they've had lists of the sale and blitz items for months........how else would they know what to order? Do people think the items just show up unannounced and unplanned for?

Just so you know...Department Managers get the lists about 1 week b4 BF. They don't get to order as many Blitz items as they want. They get an amount based on the stores sales. So you see there is no ordering of BF items all the items are shipped from some guy that sits in an office crunching numbers and rewarding WMs in the biggest markets.

Just so you know...Department Managers get the lists about 1 week b4 BF. They don't get to order as many Blitz items as they want. They get an amount based on the stores sales. So you see there is no ordering of BF items all the items are shipped from some guy that sits in an office crunching numbers and rewarding WMs in the biggest markets.

Thanks for the info.....guess John, who's about to be manager of the SouthEast region of Wal-Mart's distribution networK (he's leaving this area after Christmas to move to Atlanta to take this job) just doesn't know what he's talking about. Glad to know I can always find out the truth on the internet......:g_whistle

Usually it is the buyers that doing the ordering of anything in Wal_mart. Honestly the department managers are not suppose to order much at all. They are suppose to leave the system do the ordering. Of course though if they get special permission they can order stuff.

When I showed our store manager the ad I asked him if he had anything to do with how many of the laptops we would get and he said no it was out of his hands.

One of the other store managers in our district actually had the actual ad but it was because he knows someone at the post office and that person told him the ads were there and gave him one. See the post office does not send them out til when they are suppose to go out.

Thanks for the info.....guess John, who's about to be manager of the SouthEast region of Wal-Mart's distribution networK (he's leaving this area after Christmas to move to Atlanta to take this job) just doesn't know what he's talking about. Glad to know I can always find out the truth on the internet......:g_whistle

Are you under the impression I was speaking of regional or even store managers? Your sarcasm leads me to believe I should clarify. I was a Toy Department Manager in 1999 at Walmart in Lexington, Ky. We did not get the ad until the week before, we did not get the opportunity to order the items off the list they came directly from the distrubution centers on pallets ready to hit the floor. Just my experience. Not saying it is that way in every market.

I worked at one of our cities 2 Wal-marts...and the one I didnt work at had a expensive doll that my 6 yr old at the time had been wanting very badly and I had been checking on weekly.....this was last summer for her bday. I FOUND ONE!...I was soo excited...but no price..and couldnt find the price anywhere...not even when scanned...I found an employee and had them check...with no luck. The finally took it to the store manager..and because he didnt have it listed...I wasn't allowed to buy the doll...they took it off the floor...(hmm..wonder what HE did with it...)I doubty he shipped it back.

BTW..this doll IS available online..and at the other Walmart. (just very popular)