Ideas Please???

turtle_elf

I need ideas for gifts for my husband. He never asks for anything other than clothes. I'd like to get him some things besides clothes. He doesn't hunt (couldn't here anyway). He isn't hugely into sports (occasionally watches the bigger games of the year or biggest races, but doesn't get upset if he can't). Every year it just get's harder, lol. I have pretty much ran out of ideas :(

Well if he is into electronics there is alwasy MP3 players, DVD players, HDTV, ect. Or if he is into video games you can always get him that or the nex XBOX 360 coming out! If he is a musician get him either a gift cert. to a music store to buy equipment or pick some stuff out he needs! Not sure if this helps, but hope so! :)

Has he mentioned anything during the year that he would like to get? For example if he wanted a cd changer, tires etc. If he's into movies, you could always get some movies he would like to see and make him a movie basket with snacks and such in it for him.

One year I was having a hard time deciding on what to get DH so I pulled out a Sears catalog and a few others and I would say "look hun at this. whats that used for? or You have that, don't ya?"

I hope I've given you something to go on. My DH always drops hints about what he wants in plenty of time for his B-Day which is 7 days before Christmas. He wants the "toys" for his B-Day and clothes on Christmas. He doesn't want to wait a whole week for the good stuff :jester:

If all else fails..tie him up and tickle it out of him :bunny::sidesplit

MY DH is the same way, he never asks for anything, so I have to watch him like a hawk throughout the year. If we go shopping and he shows an interest in something, I watch for the pick up and look it over syndrome. If he picks it up and spends much time looking at something then I know he is interested. One year it was Ostrich boots, one year it was a wood planer, one year it was a metal detector. This year however he finally did ask me for one particular item, we have a 100+ year old house with a huge front porch, he has asked for a nice wooden rocking chair, so when he isn't working on the house he can sit on the porch and rock. Also he doesn't go often but he does like to go golf ocassionally so I think I will purchase a gift certificate for a few rounds of golf as a stocking stuffer. Also another thing that is always a big hit with men, is antique money, one year I purchased several coins from a coin dealer, but do some research on the internet before you go so tha tyou can dicker with them on price.

Hope this helps, good luck!!!

Have you though about a nice watch, or other men's jewelry? I am scrapbooking my dad a album of of his days in the Marine Corp. If you want something a bit more romantic plan out a few weekend get aways (get all the details arranged before time) and choose a place he would really like to go.

Thanks Everyone. That is the thing, he isn't into a whole lot of anything. He used to work so many hours and he traveled extensiviely with his job. He was a workaholic. Now he basically works his 40 hour week and spends all the time he can with us. So he really doesn't have a lot of hobbies. His work was his hobby. Now we are his hobby:confused: For years, I cleaned, shopped, paid the bills, took care of the kids, ran them everywhere, helped them with homework, babied them and took car of them when they were sick, etc. by myself, except for the small amount of time he was off. Now he wants to be there doing all of that with me.

Maybe I need to get him a hobby? :g_think:

He isn't big into cars, he does like some electronic type stuff. He golfs only when he has to, and he has that stuff. He doesn't do fishing. Magazines would be out of the question, because if they did make it here, it would cost a fortune, and they would be black marked on things customs might not like. Plus I think they hold them until everyone there is done reading them before passing them on to us.

He wears cologne, so I could get him some of that.

He is the hardest person I have to buy for!

Guest all2tired
I'm in the same boat as you. My husband doesn't want anything nor does he mention things throughout the year. I always got him clothes but I refuse to do that anymore. He always gets me things that he puts thought into. This year I got him a dvd camcorder. It cost me more than I would have spent on clothes but I think he'll like it not to mention it will get used especially with 2 little kids. My problem now is, I can't just give him that one gift, so I have to think of some other things he could use. I will be getting him more cologne though. Maybe some cd's or mp3 player and got get his favorite candy too

I know this will seem silly, but I just got a new cash register for our business then brought it home and sat it on the counter. Well, about two hours later my DH was sitting there playing with it. So he's getting a toy cash register as a gag gift. :g_laughin :g_laughin :g_laughin

My point is, just keep an eye out on him and see if there's something that he fingers in a store or that he seems interested in when seeing it on a commercial and get him that. Even if it's a gag gift, the thought is there.

By the way, my hubby is also getting some clothing, a wolf knife (he collects knives) and a train book that I bought at the Union Pacific store (he collects trains too).