Is shopping online really worth it???

BrandyJervas

I mean after shipping charges is it really that great of a deal??? I was going to buy a power wheels online at TRU for $30 but shipping was like $80 in store the thing is only $100 why is shipping so outrageous?? Is it just me or is it really not worth it for a lot of items?

Well MOST of the sites offer either free shipping...or free shipping after rebate...or free w/ a certain amoutn spent...so yeah it's worth it. And TRU has offered free shipping w/ a purchase of like $50 the last 2 years...which is not really that hard to spend there.

I wanted like $150 worth of stuff but shipping was $95 they only had a code for a free $20 toy if you spent $40 which you had to pay shipping on. I guess I'm not looking in the right places for the free shipping codes. Oh well shopping for toys is pretty much done for now anyway.

It really just depends. Sometimes you can actually get better deals online, others in the store. If you can get a great price and free or very cheap shipping, it is great to order online. Plus save the aggravation of going and looking for it, as well as gas money. From what I have been reading gas had gotten really high for awhile, and is still pretty pricey in the states.

I shop online due to the fact that a lot of the stores I like to shop at aren't here. I will just bring it back with me, or ship it with my repat allowance.

It really just depends. Sometimes you can actually get better deals online, others in the store. If you can get a great price and free or very cheap shipping, it is great to order online. Plus save the aggravation of going and looking for it, as well as gas money. From what I have been reading gas had gotten really high for awhile, and is still pretty pricey in the states.

I shop online due to the fact that a lot of the stores I like to shop at aren't here. I will just bring it back with me, or ship it with my repat allowance.

There are alot of times where this is true! I also have certain stores I love to shop at, but since moving don't have access to one. There are times where they even have deals that are for online only and there are some products that are online only. Last year I did a buch of my Christmas shopping this way and did most of my 1 childs school shopping. :D

Alot of websitess after Thanksgiving will offer free shipping on orders over like $10, but during most of the year lots of places offer free shipping on orders over $100. Normally the size and/or weight can cause the cost of shipping to go up, and sometimes websites base the shipping on the price of the item! I personally love to shop on line when I can get the free shipping!

Will the BF deals extend to the online store itself? Or do you have to go to the store to get the deals?

*Some* stores have their BF deals online, others do not. I know last year, I got the DVD set from Best Buy at the BF price online at midnight. :)