GottaDeal Exclusive: 42" Plasma TV for $997 at Walmart/Walmart.com on BF (No Rebates)

Brad

We have another GottaDeal.com-exclusive scan of the front page of a Walmart Black Friday ad showing a plasma TV for just $997. This ad looks very similar to the ad we first posted weeks ago, but in this version the plasma TV replaces the 15-inch LCD TV which appeared on the other ad. We have reason to believe that this plasma TV may only be offered in specific markets, which is why there is more than one version of the ad.

Even better news, however is that the plasma TV also shows as being available on WalMart.com. So if your market does not have it in the ad, you can still have a chance of picking one up. If you would like to be notified when it becomes available to order, make sure you have added it to your Shopping List and you'll be the first to know.

Note that this likely is NOT an HD or HD-ready plasma, but is probably an EDTV similar to the one CompUSA has in their ad for $300 more, but as far as prices go, it's as low as we've seen.

Here is the scan:

http://www.blackfridaysaleads.com/images/scans/plasma.gif

Can you see a brand? Thanks.

There is no brand listed. It could be like some items where there are multiple brands depending on how many WM can get their hands on and some stores might have different brands. It's obviously not going to be the highest quality plasma out there, but the price can't be beat.

I wanna bite!! I wanna bite!! :D

I was planning on waiting for hubby to get home before I bought one... but this one is tempting me. :P

I would rather see it on in the store though before I bought it. There are so many out there that I don't like the look of and I don't know edtv from hdtv.

WM currently sells an Ilo branded 42 in. plasma screen. This is a house brand and is thought to be made for them by Tatung (though not confirmed) - which WM also sells. At my local WM, the Ilo was priced at $14xx. The picture wasn't very good compared to the set next to it. I'll be interested to see the specs on this. Contrast ratio, brightness, inputs, tuner, etc. With HD/ED it definitely pays to let your eyes do the walking. I would highly recommend anyone look at the picture in the store and compare to something like a Panasonic ED.

When I buy a tv, I don't compare it to other sets at the store, you never know how it is up. You cant put it past stores these days to make more expensive sets look better. I bought a Polaroid plasma awhile back, after some minor adjustments, it looks pretty good. Also, who cares what the set next to it looks like, you wont have them sid by side at your house. After doing research on my tv, Samsung makes it, but it was only available in Australia in that model.

If this is available at walmart.com how does that work? Be at the keyboard @ store opening? What about time zones? etc. etc.

It will likely be available on Thanksgiving Day. Add it to your shopping list on the site here and we'll e-mail you when it becomes available.

okay, thought we weren't looking for a new TV, hubby tells me tonight we are, that I have to put in my money I make Thanksgiving week working 24 high school basketball games to get one. Not really happy about this at the moment. Any help would be appreciated that anyone can find out.

We currently have a 48" projection, about 8 years old, so I don't wan't to go down past a 36" HD. Still learning the lingo of HD/ED/PLASMA/LCD/CRT. Way too much for this little blonde mind to hold!

June

Well I wish I could you tell you it's going to be cheap but if you want to upgrade from a large projection like that, not lose much or any screen size, and upgrade feature and picture quality wise (I assume hdtv or edtv at least), but it will be pricey even if you buy a budget model. I would suggest looking at plasmas but if you want an hdtv without losing much screen size, you are looking at at least 1600 or 1700 though best buy will have a 42 inch plasma for 1500 on black friday, but most brands will run higher. There is the option of the two 1000 dollar 42 inch plasma edtvs at walmart and best buy, but your husband may want true hdtv.

It will likely be available on Thanksgiving Day. Add it to your shopping list on the site here and we'll e-mail you when it becomes available.

I'll be in Michigan on BF but want the TV delivered to Florida. That's why the WalMart.com part looks intersting. Dealing with UPS is not on my holiday wish list. I set it up on my shopping list. Thanks