Circuit City BF rumor: $20 DVD Players

dkasprzyk

Just be very, *very* careful when it comes to buying cheap dvd players - you get what you pay for.

It looks like the Oritron player from KM is a discontinued model that KM must have bought a boatload of. I'm not even 100% sure if they are still in business and what kind of business they are by looking at their very poor website.

Would just hate for a bunch of people here to buy these and have them go bust by Feb. with no way to get them fixed . . .

We'll see what CC ends up with though.

Just be very, *very* careful when it comes to buying cheap dvd players - you get what you pay for.

It looks like the Oritron player from KM is a discontinued model that KM must have bought a boatload of. I'm not even 100% sure if they are still in business and what kind of business they are by looking at their very poor website.

Would just hate for a bunch of people here to buy these and have them go bust by Feb. with no way to get them fixed . . .

We'll see what CC ends up with though.

I have an Oritron that we got about 8 years ago. Has outlasted all others that we have gotten. Including the extremely expensive 5 disk changer that we got 4 years ago. The Oritron is still going strong. Only problem is we lost the remote in a move about 7 years ago and it is the only way to go through the menu to get to things like special features. But that is our fault, not the DVD players. Don't know about service on them though, as we have never needed it.

But, we could just be the lucky one and have gotten the only good one they ever made. Who knows...

My sister and I got $17 DVD players last year on BF at Circuit City. We didn't even know about them, CC was out last stop. We just saw stacks and stacks of them and we snatched them up. It was $37, $17 after rebate. My daughter still has hers, it's runing strong!:g_laughin