Target Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

Did you notice at the top right corner of I believe page two, it reads surprise doorbuster including tv. I think they are going to have a few to match against walmart and best buy but wanted to know what they were up against first.

I have a feeling they will be:

Westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV VR-3215 $ ?? (Less than $197)

Westinghouse 40" LED HDTV LD-4055 $ ??

Target isn't open on Thanksgiving...at least not anywhere but Denver as of yet...(I think it was Target that was going to be open on T-giving as part of a test market there)...

Yea, they're only open 8-2 here on Thanksgiving day. I jokingly told DH I was going to go around 130pm and hide out somewhere so I could be first in the store @ midnight.

I do not recommend trying to buy from their website on BF, they are well known for cancelling your orders with the excuse of we cant fill your order

The website has also been down no less than 3 times in the last 2-3 months, without "Black Friday"-levels of traffic...

Brent

I am overall unimpressed with their ad. They only beat Walmart on a few things (8GB SD card ($9 vs. $10) and XBox Live 3-month cards ($10 vs. $12)). I can just have those items matched at Walmart and be done with all my "big box" shopping by 11PM!

I'm quite surprised how non-competitive they are with bedding. Their sheets are $17-35 vs. Walmart's $7-17. I'm also surprised by the higher prices on small appliances. They don't have any super-cheap mixers, toasters, waffle makers, etc.

Brent

Brent

Alright I just came home after a morning of doing things and I find this and the BB ad posted and now I'm on excitement overload!, :yay:

Alright let me cover some of the deals so as to help everyone out here. Let's start with page one and the Xbox 360 for $139.99. In my honest opinion I would pass on this one and not even go near it! Why? Because Wal-Mart has the same 4GB console w/ a Kinect and a $50 GC all for $199.96. You can just get that deal and if you honestly don't want the Kinect sensor you could take it to a local gameshop or something and sell it for I would say around $50 but definitely nothing over $100. So I mean if you get lucky here, you can net a better deal than Target's.

Next the PS3 is the same as Wal-Mart, but you will want to score this at Target and I'll explain why in a second.

Another super deal (one that I wholeheartedly hope to score) is the Xbox Kinect w/ Kinect Adventures, Gunstringer, Fruit Ninja AND Wipeout 2 (A full game that the Wal-Mart offering doesn't include) all for $99.

Now with those last two deals you'd be best to get them at Target if you can because with Target's REDCard you can save 5% off all your purchases, so 5% off either of those deals would be great!

To close, here is a suspicious note, the Target ad has NO DEALS on a Nintendo Wii, hmm... Interesting.

:clapping: Am I the only one excited about the $139 Xbox 360? Havent done midnight shopping before do they stay open all night and then do the sale at midnight?

I think it's more exciting at Walmart with a Kinect, a game, AND a $50 gift card for $199. You're basically getting a Kinect for $10, which costs $129 normally.

OR at Walmart.com with Gears of War, a free 3-month XBox Live card, and a $50 gift card for $199.

Brent

So could I buy the things I wanted such as the toys the week of bf and then just go in on bf and have them price adjust?

Worst case, you have to return and re-buy, and if they give you any problems, I'd tell them that's exactly what I plan on doing. Sometimes, they change their minds ;)

Brent

Hey does anyone have past experience PMing at WM with GC like the IPod with either $40 or $50 GC from Target or BB?

Technically, their price-match policy says they do NOT match gift-card offers. That being said, I would expect they will include a gift card by the time Black Friday comes around...

Brent

Yup, really disappointed. I usually love the Target ad. Best Buy has the best TV so far, but who knows what time I'd have to wait for that, lol. Where are the $5 pajamas? target has those every year, and I always get a ton. May go in for the scooter at $20, and the Bakugan at $10, but still holding out for Toys R Us ad. The worst part it I've done Walmart, TRU and Target before and Target is always the easiest to get in and out of. Really don't want to head to Walmart at all......