Donating used decorations?

allshoppedout

I want to donate some ornaments/signs for yard/assorted ceramic/decorative items that are in good to very good condition--and probably at least 1 tree.

Can you tell me who will take these items? I asked Goodwill and they said "NO" and come to think of it, all I ever recall seeing in a goodwill, is like some Christmas wreaths and maybe some dishes...nothing more.

I don't wanna go far to do this but DH won't let me throw it out (he is home on trash day) and no one I know wants it...........I don't want to try to sell or give over Craigs or that, not interested in taking time to meet someone, intercept emails, just want it gone. Any ideas?

I like giving to them too... the one I stop at has the nicest people working it and they've taken everything I've ever brought. Of course they do appreciate being asked when not sure if an item can be donated and have told me they appreciated me asking first. There is also a Goodwill by where I used to live that was the same way - friendly people and they've always taken everything. Can't say the same for a certain location where I've gone before that shall remain nameless... pickiest place I've ever seen and I don't donate junk either!

Thanks, everyone I may try one more goodwill that is a little further away. . . I really wanted to open the car door and easily drop them off ...not to sound rude, but I have much to do and little help.

The tree is quite large (7 or 71/2, have to check the box) so not sure that is good size for all.... if 2nd Goodwill doesn't want them then I may call a church nearby to see if they have a family that'd want the stuff.

Check nursing homes. They don't always have alot. When my fil passed we donated all his christmas decorations to them. Even before he passed we gave them the little christmas villages and trees etc. They put everything up too. The elderly really enjoyed it.

Try posting on Freecycle or the free section of Craigslist. At least in my area, there are many families that have lost homes and all decorations along with them. I am sure many would be grateful for a chance to start anew. We have a huge Goodwill that has a very large Christmas section. I am sure they must vary by location.