JC penny and Macy's

sanam

Penneys sales on the first Friday in November is usually the best all the way around. BF will have some good deals but I find the sale that they just had is usually their best.

Macy's (Which has now swallowed up Marshall Fields a/k/a Hudsons) will be a new one for me

where would you get the macy's coupons from...

i am looking for a nice wollen coat,any suggestions on which stores i should hit on BF.

i was thinking burlington coat factory, macy's and jc penny.. any other suggestion as even i am on a budget..

thanks for the help everyone...

I don't really remember much about JC Penny's deals last year. I do remember my SIL went for a pair of shoes she saw in the ad for a good price, and she spent an hour in line just to get the shoes to try on, then another 30 mins in line to buy the shoes. She was excited because it was a really good deal, but I just don't think I would wait that long in line for shoes.

I love Penney's, but the store where we live now has closed down. Penny's has excellant door buster sales on bf, but it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for clothes, that is a good place to be. Macy's can be expensive at times, but they also have good sales. Like someone before me has mentioned they "may" have a $10 off coupon in the paper. If you sign up to receive either of their sales notices, they will email them to you.

i agree too, macy's is expensive and i am not gonna go so far to try out that store. i would go to JC penny as its my 2nd anniversary on the 22nd. so i want to buy my husband a nice watch and ill get a nice long coat for myself...:D

so want to wait for the black friday sales. any suggestions on which store i should try out for good deals....

Last year on BF, I got Arizona pants for my husband. I paid 14.00 for them, they were normally 40.00. 26.00 savings. Although they were not in the sale ad, I just happen to run up on them. I thought it was pretty darn good. hoping I run into some more good deals like that this year.

^ ^

` `

^

\___/

jc penney indeed does have nice door busters, and usually give out free stuff to the first customers, I got a 2ct diamond tennis bracelet with white gold there last year for 149 which was one of their door busters. They had several others though, especially on christmas themed clothes. If you want the door busters there you need to be there when it opens, as they will go very fast and limited quantity, esp jewelry, I think it was 5am here last year when it opened and a pretty good crowd.

well as everyone has suggested that JC penny will have good sales till 1pm , so i suggest the earlier you get there the better it will be. i am going there just for clothes and a nice watch... so hope to be there ASAP...

I just want clothes.... but I need the laptop at Walmart. I'll go to JCPenney right after Walmart.

I like shopping JCPenney all year. They have a nice selection for the whole family. If you get on their mailing list they will send you advance warnings of sales and coupons. I've received several $10 of $10 this year. I'll hit Penney's on BF, I don't know when yet because I probably won't completely plan my day until Thanksgiving nite.

I have a JCPenney card, and find bargains there year round, but I always go on BF for the cute little Disney snow globe they give out.

They usually have like-$15 off of $50 coupons in the Thanksgiving Day paper, and they will have them for different times of the day (early bird and 4pm-9pm, usually). They also usually have great deals on kids clothes on this day.