Old Navy Pre-Ad Discussion (merged)

jakesmommy403

I was just told about this, like it was common knowledge, by a friend of mine. "I hope I can get in line to get a digital camera from Old Navy since I'll be there anyway!" she says. HUH?? She said she heard that instead of video games they'll be giving out digital cameras this year. She had NO idea how many people in line are getting one, and if there's a $25 requirement or anything like that. She apparently heard this from a girl who works there. Wow. Anyone? Can you help me figure this out for her? I don't do ON on BF.

If this needs to be moved or deleted that's fine. I didn't know where to go with it.

hmm, I wonder! I am thinking of getting a cheap camera for my ds8 dd6 and dd3 they all always take off with mine and it makes me so mad I don't want them to break it! My girls have the fisher price ones and they don't want them so I wonder if something like this would be ok. I'll be going their anways so a free one can't hurt anything right!

I've moved this to other stores, and don't expect a super high quality camera.

I researched it. It is a 12mp waterproof (up to 10 feet) camera. Regular retail on this camera is $79.99 from Kodak and currently on sale for $69.99, then again, if you get it FREE with a $40 purchase that's even better. Here is a link to Kodak's site with all the specs. http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/SPORT_Camera/productID.222433400 Based on what I can see it is a very decent camera. If this camera was on sale Black Friday for $50 I'm sure it would sell out very quickly. Considering it is free with a $40 purchase in Old Navy it is an excellent move. Last year the free game was nice but unless you had an Xbox with Kinect it wasn't much of a draw to bring customers in. This is something everyone can use and I'm sure the lines will be longer than last year because of it.

My question is the ad said you have to spend 40 bucks or something ... So for those of you who have started your bf at old navy ... How would this work? First 50 or so people in line get tickets for it? Or could someone be at the end of the line... Grab enough merchandise quickly and get a camera ? I only ask because I hate feelin rushed ... Thanks for any help.

P.s . I know black Friday is nothing but rushing around.. But I don't want to feel like when I see others lining up I have to grab a random item and head to check out. Also if there's already a line by the time I can get there I might head some place else first ... Again thanks for any advice ...bc a free gift for someone would really help out this year!

My question is the ad said you have to spend 40 bucks or something ... So for those of you who have started your bf at old navy ... How would this work? First 50 or so people in line get tickets for it? Or could someone be at the end of the line... Grab enough merchandise quickly and get a camera ? I only ask because I hate feelin rushed ... Thanks for any help.

P.s . I know black Friday is nothing but rushing around.. But I don't want to feel like when I see others lining up I have to grab a random item and head to check out. Also if there's already a line by the time I can get there I might head some place else first ... Again thanks for any advice ...bc a free gift for someone would really help out this year!

They had this last year as well. The first 60 (at my location, varies by location due to stock of how many are available) were given a wristband. You go in, make your purchase and when you get to the register they remove the wristband and give you the camera FREE. Again, location vary, but here the line didn't start until about 10:30pm, however it was for an XBox kinect game that not everyone had any use for. I would expect the lines to form a little earlier this year. Last year worked out perfectly, the Old Navy is right next to Best Buy so I put 1 chair by the Old Navy line and was first at midnight for Old Navy and then first in line for Best Buy at 5am. While waiting on line for Best Buy I was able to use the bathroom in Old Navy, put my items I intended to purchase aside right before they closed to prepare for the midnight opening, ran in and was paying by 12:01 and got back in the BB line. Keep in mind some locations may do things a little different but that's how they did it here and it worked perfectly.

fine print mentions bands going to the first people in line so probably not worth it.

They don't specify HOW MANY, but I know last year when they tried it out they had 60 of the XBox games at my location. I'd guess they'll have about that this year as well.