Leap Pad,Leapsters

bfaddict1977

I was wondering opinions of the leap pad and the other ipad type items for kids? I've read mixed reviews on these and was wondering if they're worth it for my 5 yr old twins? Anyone have any experience? Are they rip offs? Do you need to buy expensive games too or download them? Thanks.

I've read some reviews (thinking of it for a gift for a relative) regarding the PAD type items and I'd say go with the Leap PAD, because it seems the vtech one (name escapes me now, but it is 79.99 everywhere) is not nearly as good. I believe reviews I read said that the LeapPad should offer MORE variety though.

I saw the IXL demonstrated on QVC and it seemed ok--looked sturdy, but wasn't impressed with screen/graphic/look of it and screen seemed small but I don't actual size.

For my kids, we had leapster 1 and 2 which they played a great deal. . My kids are past these types of toys now, but if I were you I'd wait, I think they'll be improving the PAD type system so I wouldn't buy it this year, but just my opinon.