Any Ideas What To Buy 13 and 14 Yo. Boys?

treasure60

I have 2 stepsons ages 13 & 14. They have tons of Gameboy Advance games and Playstation2 games already. They have tons of cd's and a tv with dvd player in their rooms. One is into football, auto racing, skateboarding and riding his bike. The other one just likes to read, collects Yu-Gi cards, baseball, fishing, and card games. They haven't been able to come up with a wish list yet for me and I want to figure out what I am going to get them before to long. If anyone has any ideas please post them. TIA.

If you opt for that route, you may want to purchase a short term subscription (one month, three month, etc) at one of the major music stores for them to procure new/wanted music:

Music they already own on CD can be easily added to any player free of charge.
Thanks! Need all the info I can get because I know nothing of Ipods.

mjmcca, we already have 3 digital cameras in our household. Thanks for the idea though.

For the football fan, you could always get him stuff for his favorite team (college or pro). My brother loves UGA so last year I got him a UGA blanket, mouse, and mouse pad (all that was left around here). Fo the one who loves the cards you could always go out and buy like the 2005 baseball card collection (or some other year), the Yu-Gi cards, or buy him a tackle box and fake bait for him to go fishing!

My son has a subscription to a gaming magazine and he gets so excited when his magazine comes in the mail, LOL. He reads it from front to back. Also, I got him a beanbag with his favorite NFL team logo and colors last year and he uses it constantly. He really liked that and it was a suprise gift. You can find lots of team-oriented stuff on ebay.

If you opt for that route, you may want to purchase a short term subscription (one month, three month, etc) at one of the major music stores for them to procure new/wanted music:

Music they already own on CD can be easily added to any player free of charge.

I agree....gift cards are always good...that way they are fun twice...once when they unwrap them and again when they spend them! :g_thumble

Hello I am new here and I have 12 yr old and 14 yr old boys. Their aunt is getting them gift cards to the movie theater, Baskin Robins and a few fast food places. They also like sports themed decorations for their rooms, romote controlled cars, cell phone minutes, a money tree! Get a tiny tree and attach bills to the tree with red and green ribbon.

My absoloute favorite gift for teenagers (boy or girl) is to buy a wallet and stuff it with cash in different denominations, gift cards for the mall (disposable visa cards) gift cards to the "hip" stores like Hot Topic, Pac Sun etc., and gift cards for fast food places- In and Out, Jack in the Box. For girls, I like to also get a nice bag and put some essentials in there along with the wallet- like lip gloss, perfume, etc.

I did it last year for my 14 year old and plan on doing it again this year.

Their aunt is getting them gift cards to the movie theater, a money tree! Get a tiny tree and attach bills to the tree with red and green ribbon.

I haven't even thought of gift cards to the movies. That's a great idea!

My hubby made a money tree for my mom last year. He put pennies as the dirt and included "seeds" (rolls of pennies) too. :tongue1:

She said it was the best gift she had ever gotten because he put so much thought into it. Of course the green "leaves" hanging from it helped.:D

How about gift certificates at a mall? For instance, I can go to the Mall of America and get one gift certificate that is good for any store not just one. This way the kids can pick where they want to spend the gift card.

Also, you can get gift certificates for almost any place now. Movie theaters, blockbuster video, McDonalds, Barnes and Noble, Wendys, Best Buy, etc.

Also, how about a season ticket for snowboarding or skiing? Even a one day pass is good too.

How about a homemade gift card where you make it yourself and state that they get to pick a place to go of their choice (within a reasonable price of course :-)

A new bike? Razor scooter? CD's and DVD's? MP3 player? Comic Books?

I hope you can use some of the ideas above. Good luck!:crossfing

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in quick. Having recently graduated from High school a couple years ago. There is 0 reason any kid under 16 needs a cell phone, you can try and say this and that but in the end, they dont NEED one. I didnt get one until my senior year and I was a three sport athlete with a job.