Exercise Equipment....Buy now or wait?

Looking for either an elliptical or a treadmill. (Opinions?)

We would like to purchase soon, but should we just buy it now, wait until Black Friday, or wait until January when all the exercise stuff goes on sale? Which has the better deal normally?

I'd say keep an eye out if you want something specific, if you just want ANY elliptical or treadmill BF may work. My best advise would be to research what you want/need and what the prices range. My bff's husband thought things through and both of theirs are foldable for storage whereas I just wanted one and neither of mine stow away(to be honest I didn't know that existed when I bought). If you want something specific it's less likely to be available at a great deal on BF but is possible.

I am strickly an elliptical girl. You burn FAR more calories than with a treadmill. DH bought me the Norditrack E7 SV last year. I burn 700 calories on a 30 minute walk. (I am lucky to burn 1/3 of that on a treadmill.) As for wait, or not wait for BF. He bought mine the week before BF, and paid the same price for it as they had it on sale for BF. I think it was $599. I would at least wait until the Sears ad is posted to see what they have in it and decide from there.