Orlando, FL Area...

huskygirl74

I will be vacationing at WDW this Black Friday. Any suggestions on where I should go to shop? I don't want to shop in Orlando because I'm thinking that it will be far too crazy and packed with people. I don't mind driving an hour away if I have to. Thanks for any help :D .

Depends on what kind of shopping you are looking for. I live in Melbourne and the Viera area is nice, right off 95 - won't take more than an hour from WDW early in the AM and that has Super Wal-Mart, Target, Kohls, Old Navy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Belks, Ross, Linens-N-Things and others. It's more outside shopping so if you are looking for more of a mall-type environment, it would not be great for you.

Depends on what kind of shopping you are looking for. I live in Melbourne and the Viera area is nice, right off 95 - won't take more than an hour from WDW early in the AM and that has Super Wal-Mart, Target, Kohls, Old Navy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Belks, Ross, Linens-N-Things and others. It's more outside shopping so if you are looking for more of a mall-type environment, it would not be great for you.

Hey, i just got back from there! Like last week! My dad lives just outside Viera. Do you know where the Bealls outlet is by the zoo? He lives right back there! BTW, I was not impressed at all with that Kohls. But you have a nice SuperTarget! lol

Hey, i just got back from there! Like last week! My dad lives just outside Viera. Do you know where the Bealls outlet is by the zoo? He lives right back there! BTW, I was not impressed at all with that Kohls. But you have a nice SuperTarget! lol

I know exactly where you are talking about. :) I was born and raised here.

Yeah, I have never been to a Kohls before this weekend. I wasn't impressed either but I DID find an awesome pair of sunglasses! lol You are right, our SuperTarget does rock!

My parents live in melbourne and I love love the super Target there! I actually used to work at the target on NewHaven ave.....many moons ago!

I love the shopping in the melbourne area....The outlets at Viera are pretty good also!

Was just at that Target at lunch today to return a shirt - going back after work since I totally forgot about 90% off halloween clearance!

Small World :)

Doh! 90%!!! How could I have forgotten???? BTW, my dad is off Interlachen (sp??) But that is a really nice area.

The Suntree area (where your Dad is) has always been very nice but there was never any shopping, etc. DH & I are kicking ourselves for not building in Viera when we could have for 150k or better. Houses there are now going for nothing shy of 250k it's crazy.

We live in the Lake Washington area which is about 5 miles or so from your Dad.

Waterford Lakes in east orlando or The Avenues in Melbourne would probably be the bast best. Waterford Lakes more of the the Black Friday Stores that everyone wants to shop at. Last year i drove from Cocoa in Brevard Couny and shopped at Waterford Lake s just because of teh selection of stores. Depending on teh sales and what i actually want to get, I might try the Avenues this year instead... we'll see

I used to live in an apartment by Suntree....Cypress cove.....LOL This is a small world!

I will actually be back in that area on Dec.5th! Can't wait!!!

Oh and I wento the Avenues for the first time this past summer...(i havent lived there in 11 years!) I was quite impressed! I will def. be visting there again.

My parents live in melbourne and I love love the super Target there! I actually used to work at the target on NewHaven ave.....many moons ago!

I love the shopping in the melbourne area....The outlets at Viera are pretty good also!

Grew up in Melbourne, and my parents still live there as well.

I am in WDW all the time. If you don't want to travel too far there is a Super Target on 192 A little further down there is a Super Walmart. There is another Super Walmart on 27 in Cleremont. There is a new Walmsrt on 535 i am not sure if it is a supercenter or not. The Orlando Premium outlwets are a really nice place to shop but i dont know how crowded they will get. Unless you really know where you are going i would suggest you stay in the area. I doubt many vaccationers are going to go BF shopping so it will mostly be locals.

Waterford Lakes in east orlando or The Avenues in Melbourne would probably be the bast best. Waterford Lakes more of the the Black Friday Stores that everyone wants to shop at. Last year i drove from Cocoa in Brevard Couny and shopped at Waterford Lake s just because of teh selection of stores. Depending on teh sales and what i actually want to get, I might try the Avenues this year instead... we'll see

LOL, my FIL is between Cocoa & Pt.St John. We were all over the coast 2 weeks ago! LOL.

I think that it is so weird that our little Waterford Lakes is mentioned...well not so little anymore. As razkitty mentioned, they have quite a diverse number of shops there including BB, Old Navy, SuperTarget and across the street they just built CC and Kohls.

You could also go to the Florida Mall which is probably one of the best malls (IMO) here in Orlando.

Tourist dollars...gotta love it!:)

Too funny that so many people have Melbourne ties :tongue1: Used to be when we told people where we lived we'd either have to say "an hour east of Orlando" or "20 min south of Cocoa Beach"

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do on BF - I'm thinking so many people will be at the Avenues since so much is there now that downtown/mall area won't be bad. Guess the ads will tell!