Will iPods be on sale on BF & what model to get?

lmoreland

Apple has a very strict pricing policy and there will not be any sales on any Apple products. Now with that said Apple gives the resellers some freedoms in offering add ons like gift cards and accessories. So look for add ons during Black Friday and Holiday shopping.

Apple does offer discounts to educators, students and small business owners at the Apple Store.

Do you think Ipods will be a black friday item. My son wants one and I don't know what Gb to get. Anyone with info on these?:cheesy:

Ipods won't be "on sale" Black Friday but stores will probably offer incentives like gift card, cases, chargers etc. I have bought Ipod Touchs for the last 2 year (won't have to get this year) and received gift cards back with my purchases. 2 years ago I bought an 8gb got a $50 gift card back from BB and last year bought the 32gb and got back a $40 gift card from BB.

In regards to GB I would get the most you can afford. DS15 has the 32gb (previously had a 16gb) and its perfect for him. DD13 has the 8gb and we may upgrade hers next year since it looks like she is out. Not getting it this year since she wants her room redone for Xmas.

Yes as long as there is wi-fi the kids can download a free chat app. I am the same as the husband that thought no way it was free and got angry when son was using. There is also a way to voice call with it as well if they have a mic and ofcourse if it is has a camera they can face chat.

Hold on hold on you guys don't remember Apple actually having a black Friday sale at the Apple stores? I know they did because I purchased my iPad and I saved 40bucks. Not sure if there doing that this year but I hope so I am in need of an ipod touch and I need a new ipod nano

Just like TotallyBF said the Apple Store will have a small BF sale and will discount some of their products. Another way to save money is to buy a refurbished ipod through Apple. However, the gift card incentives are nice. There are a lot of free apps for the ipod touch, but itunes cards are always nice to have on hand for music downloads and app purchases.

• 2 weeks later...
When we got my dd her iPod a couple of years ago Radio Shack had a great BF deal with add on deals like a gc and accessory pack that included a car charger which has come in very handy. I agree with whoever said to go with a 16 or 32gb one if you can afford it and it wont break the bank! The plus side to Radio Shack here is that it is in a strip mall away from the morning crowd and was easy getting what I needed without fighting a major crowd and being disappointed that they are out of the special deal. I actually usually will go there before BF and speak with the staff. I always get great customer service and advise.