living social deals

jenmovdob

I would be ok with it, I guess if you think the people are kind of "snobs" I wouldn't gift it to them...but if you know that your good buddies, or coworkers like a certain place I am sure they'd appreciate your gift.

The recipient who likes to go to the spa for instance, could think of it this way "Wow I love that I got a 50 dollar massage certificate from Sue, rather than a box of candy!" (because they know you probably paid about 1/2, $25 & couldn't have afforded to give them a nice massage gift otherwise and they don't need the candy to go straight to their hips).

I wouldn't mind either but only if is places that I like ... Don't forget if you buy the deal from the big G place they got a giftbox thing you can print on paper and put your voucher in. Sort of like the Giftcard holder. =)

I refuse to give gift certificates. My whole family is the same way. I feel it's impersonal, like giving cash.

I disagree, especially if you get a great deal on them. I only give GC to dear friends(when I don't know what to get) OR difficult recipients (when I have gotten them free or as a gift). It can be impersonal if not catered to recipient and specifically relating to Christmas I dislike getting people something they can't do anything with immediately. At least a bluray/dvd they can look at liner notes/booklet.

I refuse to give gift certificates. My whole family is the same way. I feel it's impersonal, like giving cash.

I give GCs to stores they like. I have a friend that now lives across the country, and she doesn't like hauling gifts on the plane, so this year I'm probably going to give her and her boys GCs so they can pick out things locally.

I like cash and gift cards too. I give my stepsister GC to Joann Fabrics every year....she lives 1500 miles from here, she loves to do quilling. It gives her some money towards supplies she needs. Its a win win for us