Official Black Friday DIGITAL CAMERA Discussion Thread

Brad

Freesia, help! Is the lumix fh25 a good camera or should I pay a little more for one of the others? I'm second guessing myself.

Although it was a million years ago, I had a 3MP Lumix (still do, actually, though I don't use it). The camera took sharper pictures than you would've thought for the technology at the time & was very reliable.

Many things can change with a company's products, naturally, but I'd recommend them.

Although it was a million years ago, I had a 3MP Lumix (still do, actually, though I don't use it). The camera took sharper pictures than you would've thought for the technology at the time & was very reliable.

Many things can change with a company's products, naturally, but I'd recommend them.

I'm coming down with something so they are getting IT. I can't be bothered to look anymore and it SHOULD be an easy score compared to B&M store w/competition. I'm off to setup my online account with BJ's since I've never done that before.

Plus if I get something to savvy it will revert to me using my DSLR and theirs to take pics which I would not be amused with.

• 3 weeks later...

:woot2:Compare virtually any camera to virtually any other camera: :woot2:

http://snapsort.com/compare

This website allows you to compare the stats on any camera on sale for Black Friday against eachother, in plain English -- or -- compare your current camera to one you are considering buying.

Very cool! :gdthums:

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I was second guessing my choice when I saw another panasonic posted this morning but looks like my gut instinct based on Panasonic site is right, FH25 is better suited for my parents than slightly more expensive model FP7.

Anyone try the black friday KODAK easyshare from Walmart? I think it was 49.oo or 59.oo

I bought 1, plus I bough a more expensive NIKON from Costco--I KNEW the Nikon was better camera, felt better, and I like Nikon's however it was a little over twice the price and I KNOW who will be using it, my somewhat careless son...So I reluctantly took back the Nikon..

Anyway, I only did this after I opened the Kodak, now I have to say it does feel lightweight--but I took pics with it and it was easy to use and the photos were very clear (I have read sooo many reviews on various kodak's where people say photos are not clear...)

So I am keeping it and wondering if anyone else got it--and is keeping it?

If I hadn't gotten him so much other stuff, I'd have maybe kept the more expensive camera.

It'll be his first camera and I hope he likes it and takes care of it. I am glad I opened it to test it. . .

A friend has the Kodak that is in this weeks Walgreens flyer. It takes amazing pictures, seriously it does! Plus it is simple to use. It is on sale for 59 complete. IIRC Kodak invented digital photography?

I have a Nikon coolpix with touchscreen, it is an decent camera but much more complicated to use. If money werent so tight this week I would buy that Kodak.

ps i am talking about the white 14 mp one.

Walmart is also having some great sales on Kodak as well

Edited by tokanm

Thanks for the Kodak advise. I bought the Nikon from Target on BF, brought that back. Bought a Sony from Walmart and bringing that back tomorrow and trying a Kodak. I haven't been happy with a camera since my first digital camera that was a Casio. I've even tried other Casios and haven't been happy with them either. I think I've tried every other brand besides Kodak. Hopefully that's a winner. I am way too picky with cameras. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Thanks for the Kodak advise. I bought the Nikon from Target on BF, brought that back. Bought a Sony from Walmart and bringing that back tomorrow and trying a Kodak. I haven't been happy with a camera since my first digital camera that was a Casio. I've even tried other Casios and haven't been happy with them either. I think I've tried every other brand besides Kodak. Hopefully that's a winner. I am way too picky with cameras. Lol

What is it that you are finding wrong with all these cameras? Perhaps you are expecting too much from a point and shoot camera?

What is it that you are finding wrong with all these cameras? Perhaps you are expecting too much from a point and shoot camera?

I'm sure I absolutely am. Lol. Before digital cameras I lugged my Nikon SLR everywhere. Took beautiful pics though. Lol. My first digital camera took great pics and it was only a 2mp! The reason I traded up was because it had no optical zoom and the battery wasn't holding a charge. Since then it seems like every camera I've had had something I don't like. Takes too long to take a pic, blurry inside pics, flash too bright, not enough modes, too confusing or I just don't like the way it's set up. I actually broke out my Nikon SLR to take my kids Xmas pics and they came out awesome! I'd use it everyday if it wasn't so huge and was such a pain to bring the film in and get the pics on a disk every 24 pics. Lol. I love the convenience of a digital camera but I miss the quality of film cameras. :)

I'm sure I absolutely am. Lol. Before digital cameras I lugged my Nikon SLR everywhere. Took beautiful pics though. Lol. My first digital camera took great pics and it was only a 2mp! The reason I traded up was because it had no optical zoom and the battery wasn't holding a charge. Since then it seems like every camera I've had had something I don't like. Takes too long to take a pic, blurry inside pics, flash too bright, not enough modes, too confusing or I just don't like the way it's set up. I actually broke out my Nikon SLR to take my kids Xmas pics and they came out awesome! I'd use it everyday if it wasn't so huge and was such a pain to bring the film in and get the pics on a disk every 24 pics. Lol. I love the convenience of a digital camera but I miss the quality of film cameras. :)

Why not look into one of the compact dslr so that you can have the smaller size but still have the flexibility... I loved my Nikon SLR but as you say it was heavy, especially with the Nikkor lenses. I got one of the Olympus Pen Cameras and it works great but as I get more into photography again I can still add lenses. I have a small point and shoot, although I find myself going back to an older 5mp Kodak sometimes too... NOt going to blow up the pics and the lower megapixels are less shaky and more forgiving...

Why not look into one of the compact dslr so that you can have the smaller size but still have the flexibility... I loved my Nikon SLR but as you say it was heavy, especially with the Nikkor lenses. I got one of the Olympus Pen Cameras and it works great but as I get more into photography again I can still add lenses. I have a small point and shoot, although I find myself going back to an older 5mp Kodak sometimes too... NOt going to blow up the pics and the lower megapixels are less shaky and more forgiving...

I like my Kodak so far. May be a keeper. ;) I would like the Nikon One. It's small but has a removable lens. It's like $600 though. Lol. Maybe someday. :)

OK folks. So my brother joined me in idea for camera for mom and bought her a sony cybershot dsc-w570. the site mentioned before seems to think the sony is better but my heart says the panasonic and that one is already in use. Please point me one way or the other. It would be nice to get my money back even if I now have SD cards up the ying yang BUT I really want her to have the better camera.

Panasonic Lumix DSC-FH25 or Sony Cybershot DSC-W570?

OK folks. So my brother joined me in idea for camera for mom and bought her a sony cybershot dsc-w570. the site mentioned before seems to think the sony is better but my heart says the panasonic and that one is already in use. Please point me one way or the other. It would be nice to get my money back even if I now have SD cards up the ying yang BUT I really want her to have the better camera.

I'd keep the Panasonic. The Sony is a little more basic. If your mom needs a much more basic camera, then the Sony would be worth a thought, but I think you get more bang for your buck with the Panasonic.

That is the Sony that I returned. The pics were ok but it took to long to take a shot and I didn't like the way the software on the camera was set up.

That is the Sony that I returned. The pics were ok but it took to long to take a shot and I didn't like the way the software on the camera was set up.

I saw freesia's post before going to bed and was more or less convinced but this last one sure looks like its sealed. Now to contact Amazon about returning. Maybe if we do it ourselves we'll get the credit rather than them just keeping the money and not replacing which is something else she was semi worried about.

I saw freesia's post before going to bed and was more or less convinced but this last one sure looks like its sealed. Now to contact Amazon about returning. Maybe if we do it ourselves we'll get the credit rather than them just keeping the money and not replacing which is something else she was semi worried about.

I bought mine on Walmart.com but didn't have ink to print my receipt so I put it on eBay and got $30 more than I paid for it. ;)