BF, Walmart & Employee discounts?

EliteABombAZ

Hi. My wife is getting hired with Walmart this week... (She's gone to 2 interviews, was "offered the job" and she took her drug test... just waiting to be scheduled for training/orientation)... anyway... what kind of employee discount does Walmart give and is it honored during Black Friday?

My hubby works for Walmart- they get a 10% discount and I DON'T think it will be honored on BF (discounts can't be used on clearance, sale or food items- I would guess that means it can't be used for BF either since that is a sale although, we never tried).

I worked at Wal-Mart over the summer while school was out. You can use the 10% discount on sale items, but not on clearance items. You can only use it on "food" items which are sold at the regular Wal-Marts. Hope this helps!

Jeannie

I worked at Wal-Mart over the summer while school was out. You can use the 10% discount on sale items, but not on clearance items. You can only use it on "food" items which are sold at the regular Wal-Marts. Hope this helps!

Jeannie

Can you use it on sale items? I had asked hubby the other night and he told me no. I'll have to yell at him for that lol. As for food items, the discount has never been applied on any of the food items we bought and we always shop at regular (non superstore) Walmarts. Nor on the clearance stuff.

If it does apply to BF, I can get that laptop for $358. ;)

If it does then yes you can ;) It will be cool if it does. I have a few things I want to pick up and the extra 10% would be nice :D

EDIT: You know come to think of it, it may apply to BF. I remember we bought my son the bike they had last BF and used the discount. Although I don't remember if the bike was an early bird item or not but, I remember we did get the discount.

My hubby works for Walmart- they get a 10% discount and I DON'T think it will be honored on BF (discounts can't be used on clearance, sale or food items- I would guess that means it can't be used for BF either since that is a sale although, we never tried).

Yes you can use it on BF. The Dept. Mgs usually send in the spouses

Also at Christmas we get an extra 10 % off on one item but we don't get to do that til after Black Friday.

Yeah, I'm not sure they do that every store though (don't know why). Last year hubby got one of those 20% off one item coupons (can't be used in conjunction with the regular 10% discount) and we tried to use it at a different store other then the one he works at because the other store is actually closer to us. The cashier was like "Hey, I didn't get one of these" and called her supervisor over. The supervisor wouldn't let us use it there because he said their store doesn't give those out. We would have to use it at his store. Ooops.

This was almost 7 yrs ago - but Black Friday was my last day. So as soon as I finished, since I had agreed to work that day as a favor, my two wks was already over, they let me do my shopping and get my 10% off before I had to go hand in my card. But also, I am thinking it was the night before Thanksgiving, we got an extra 10% off.

Andrea