How am I EVER Gonna Get it Done?

bfaddict1977

My dd is 9 months. She was born nye so by xmas she'll be almost 1. She is SUPER attached to me. I mean super. She cosleeps with me and if I dare move, get up, she's up and moving looking for me. I have NO idea HOW I'll wrap gifts without her getting into it all but my biggest thing is HOW will I get everything upstairs from the basement and set out if she's like this? I have things to put together that I probably won't be able to this year with her. Santa doesn't come until after midnight due to kiddoes bedtime and excitement but does anyone else have this peculiar issue? I can't very well tote her around while I tote heavy gifts. Thanks.

Hmmm, well when she naps once she is asleep can you get up? I used to have to do that with my dd, lay down with her but once she fell asleep I could get up and do my chores. Or, at night time as well? That might be the only way to get it done. My dd was very attached to me as well so I had to make due with the limited time I had to get stuff done...

Maybe you could try "camping out" Let all the kiddos(including her) sleep together on the floor (sleeping bags or blankets). Try it one or two weekends to see if it works. Maybe for Christmas Eve you could have a special movies, books, games or snacks. When you leave the room I would put up a baby gate just in case she wakes up and trys to follow you.

thanks. She's tiny but the baby bjorn was terrible so I sold it and have no more sling. I can probably wrap the gifts while sibs watch. It's going to take days, literally lol. But my thought it that when it comes time for santa to put out the gifts, I can't hold her and carry. lol

thanks. She's tiny but the baby bjorn was terrible so I sold it and have no more sling. I can probably wrap the gifts while sibs watch. It's going to take days, literally lol. But my thought it that when it comes time for santa to put out the gifts, I can't hold her and carry. lol

Would you be able to get a neighbor in to help you carry things? Maybe a teenager or a family member.

Would you be able to get a neighbor in to help you carry things? Maybe a teenager or a family member.

EXACTLY what I was going to suggest! :) If you have a good friend or family member, ask them to sneak over and haul stuff up. Grandparents may love this! And single or friends w/out kids might actually get a kick out of doing this for you.

If you have to, and they won't do it for free, offer a teenager ten dollars to swing over at midnight, I bet they just might (maybe $20, no clue how much they'll be hauling).

Last but not least, figure a way to take her with you to do it - because thankfully at that age she shouldn't really remember it in the future, let alone the next morning. And if per chance she sort of remembers bright colored paper from the night before, I hardly doubt she'll rat it out to her siblings.

Good luck in your endeavor!