HP Photsmart camera at WM

dorkydiva

Is anyone familiar with the HP Photosmart digital camera that is being offered at WM? That seems like such a low price for a 5 MP digital camera. I really don't know anything about digital cameras and am wanting to get one this year, so any advice will be appreciated.

Yes any camera guru's please chime in! I was wanting to upgrade my 3.1 Olympus because the delay that I have from pushing the button to take the picture and actually taking the picture is to long. So which of the BF cameras give you the best bang for the buck?

Tina

I did a side-by-side comparison of the two HP cameras being offered. The one camera that is going to be $149 is already that price anyway, and it seems to be the slightly better camera. The one that is being offered for $99 is a good deal because it is normally $150, but you can only use a USB port for it, it won't hook up to a docking station like the other one will. Also, the cheaper camera is slightly fewer megapixels than the other, and the zoom isn't as good.

Hope this helps. I am buying one of these for my 13 year old for Christmas, I still haven't figured out which one yet!

The HP E317 camera at WM is a brand new model so there really isn't that much information out about it yet. The one issue I have with it is that it runs on normal 'AA' batteries, not rechargables. I had an older HP a couple of years ago and it really ate up the batteries. Try and find a model that has rechargables if possible. Of the camera's that are listed so far, the Kodak Z760 at Wal Mart for $199 is a real good deal, because it also comes with a dock.

The HP E317 camera at WM is a brand new model so there really isn't that much information out about it yet. The one issue I have with it is that it runs on normal 'AA' batteries, not rechargables. I had an older HP a couple of years ago and it really ate up the batteries. Try and find a model that has rechargables if possible. Of the camera's that are listed so far, the Kodak Z760 at Wal Mart for $199 is a real good deal, because it also comes with a dock.

You can always buy rechargeable batteries and use them anyway. That's what I do with my stuff around here. We have about 20 rechargeable AA batteries that we keep handy for the cameras and mice and keyboards and the like.

You can always buy rechargeable batteries and use them anyway. That's what I do with my stuff around here. We have about 20 rechargeable AA batteries that we keep handy for the cameras and mice and keyboards and the like.

I know that can be done, but I don't need another charger around the house. The ease of plugging the camera into the dock to charge it and transfer pictures at the same time is the best way to go. :)