I only want the freebies!

AmyNay

This year I'm not too terribly excited for black friday or shopping period... Most of what we are buying to go under the tree is the things that'll go to Disney World as we'll be leaving Christmas Day. Does Disney do awesome BF deals? Looking for Mickey/Cars/Toy Story (boys!) stuff... I'm trying to not go overboard and keep our money for spending at Disney... My philosophy is supposed to be (according to DH) if it isn't free, or almost free, I don't want it! sigh.... this is going to be so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyepoppin

This year I'm not too terribly excited for black friday or shopping period... Most of what we are buying to go under the tree is the things that'll go to Disney World as we'll be leaving Christmas Day. Does Disney do awesome BF deals? Looking for Mickey/Cars/Toy Story (boys!) stuff... I'm trying to not go overboard and keep our money for spending at Disney... My philosophy is supposed to be (according to DH) if it isn't free, or almost free, I don't want it! sigh.... this is going to be so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyepoppin

Disney outlet online has some decent sales, but anything Disney is already more expensive just by having the Disney name on it.

Disney parks may clearance some stuff Christmas related but probably not until new years eve-ish. The Disney Store has decent deals on BF although I think the website has some a little before then. I loved our Outlet store until it closed :( We bought full bathing suits(2pc bikini or regular suit) for $.99 one year mostly Roxy brand.

How old a boy. There are Disney things that are sold other than the Disney Store, a duffel bag or small suitcase with Disney images, or a backpack that he can put his things in, are you flying or driving, coloring books, etc are always entertainment. We did this when the boys were small, one year we did disney and another we did universal. I looked for shirts, backpacks etc and then left room for them to pick out something at the parks to remember the trip with. One set of grandparents gave them DIsney dollars for spending which was great, that way they had money of their own to spend with mom's help. Is the trip a surprise or is he aware of it. Mine knew they were going and we had a countdown to Disney instead of a countdown to Christmas...We left the day after Christmas since it's only a few hours from here.

I'd say keep an eye out for Walgreens toy deals. Last year they had Buy1 get 2 free I think and bff was able to buy princess stuff for daughter and a few trains for son. They carry cars and mickey clubhouse stuff too. At bff's store they clearanced the reusable plastic cups but elsewhere they're on sale for .99 so YMMV.

While it really may be hard, I'm kind of with your hubby. You'll have BF every other year - save your $ for your trip. You'll be glad when you are there.

See if you can find them an autograph book - the little kids like to get all the characters they run into to sign the special autograph books Disney makes.

How old a boy.

He is 5

There are Disney things that are sold other than the Disney Store, a duffel bag or small suitcase with Disney images, or a backpack that he can put his things in, are you flying or driving, coloring books, etc are always entertainment.

We are taking the train to FL and flying back to VA DS has never been on a train before so we figured with flights being so overpriced Christmas day we'd save money and all catch a train for less than 1 of us could fly for and then he could get the experience as well and still have the flying experience on the way back

We did this when the boys were small, one year we did disney and another we did universal. I looked for shirts, backpacks etc and then left room for them to pick out something at the parks to remember the trip with. One set of grandparents gave them DIsney dollars for spending which was great, that way they had money of their own to spend with mom's help.

You can't buy disney dollars from disney off the web anymore.... I'm not sure how long or why this service is down (or if its just a temp issue or what the deal is).... The only other place I know to purchase is ebay and I'm scared to spend so much money in disney dollars and we have no way to test the validity until the end of December/ beginning of January.

Is the trip a surprise or is he aware of it. Mine knew they were going and we had a countdown to Disney instead of a countdown to Christmas...We left the day after Christmas since it's only a few hours from here.

He is aware! We are doing a countdown to Disney :) Santa is all about Disney this year - he claims he already wrote santa a letter and told him that... so at least everyone is on the same page! LOL

You may want to look on ebay for Disney pins and Lanyards. They can trade pins while at Disney. My boys love doing this!~ It is much cheaper to get them started by getting the pins on e-bay then buying the started kits.

Thank you! I scored 3 lanyards and 50 pens for $8 bucks shipped last night!!! (luckily I'm often up in the middle of the night while everyone else is sleeping so I often steal last minute ebay deals that are ending at odd hours of the night)!!

have you gone to mousesavers.com? they have all sorts of Disney ideas that will help save $

The site is OVERWHELMING with info - I've looked at a lot of the dining info and stuff like that I wish there was more time in the day!

Disney store online has a sale going on right now for Cars PJ pals & plush - they also have free shipping on Disney Parks items (different sale):

http://www.disneystore.com/8-plush-and-sleepwear/mn/1005001/

I'm holding off... these are a good deal and I wish they would have done these while the thankyou25 code (25% off) and free shipping was working as well! :( That woulda really been great! I'm keeping a close eye on the disney store but I'm thinking they'll continue to drop.

There is a Disney Outlet store close to DisneyWorld. I also purchased Disney items at the local Walmart when I was in Orlando.

This may help save money while in the area.

Darla

Just the walmart in orlando huh? That stinks! We'll check it out when we get there though - thanks for the heads up! Disney outlet store is in downtown disney, right?

Thank you! I scored 3 lanyards and 50 pens for $8 bucks shipped last night!!! (luckily I'm often up in the middle of the night while everyone else is sleeping so I often steal last minute ebay deals that are ending at odd hours of the night)!!

WE love pin trading. We did this for the first time in 08 and have had 2 other opportunities to go back and the boys take their Lanyards and trade. My youngest has managed to collect all the stick figure pins. (or at least all he thinks are avalible)

We gave our kids Disney for Christmas a few years ago. We left 20 days after Christams and gave them a big gift with lots of small open me'ss as their countdown presents. They opened one a day. They got lots of new pins to trade.