holiday crafts for toddlers

copados1993

My son did a wonderful project when he was in 3rd grade. take macoroni noodles (or any shape) and put them aside. Take a felt piece of material and cut it to the shape you want...Tree, angel, etc. Glue the noodles to fill in the shape. Use spray paint to decorate the noodles (mom or dad to help of course) and you can make an adorable art project.

Guest all2tired

There's one that you make ornaments out of applesause and cinnamon. I'll have to find the recipe but they smell great. My kids made them for teachers and just anybody they wanted to give a gift to. They used cookie cutters for teh shapes. My daughter actually made Santa cry one year. She sat on his lap to tell him what she wanted, then she handed him the ornament she made. He was so touched he cried. I'll go look for that recipe right now before I forget.

Ok found it here's the recipe...

Cinnamon Ornaments

3/4 C applesauce

1 (one) 4 oz bottle cinnamon

Mix applesauce with cinnamon to form a stiff dough

Roll dough 1/4 inch thick

Cut with small cookie cutters

Using a toothpick, make a hole in the top for a ribbon

Carefully lay on rack to dry

Let dry 2 days, turning occasionally

When completely dry, put a ribbon through the hole

in ornament for hanging

That's it

There's one that you make ornaments out of applesause and cinnamon. I'll have to find the recipe but they smell great. My kids made them for teachers and just anybody they wanted to give a gift to. They used cookie cutters for teh shapes. My daughter actually made Santa cry one year. She sat on his lap to tell him what she wanted, then she handed him the ornament she made. He was so touched he cried. I'll go look for that recipe right now before I forget.

Ok found it here's the recipe...

Cinnamon Ornaments

3/4 C applesauce

1 (one) 4 oz bottle cinnamon

Mix applesauce with cinnamon to form a stiff dough

Roll dough 1/4 inch thick

Cut with small cookie cutters

Using a toothpick, make a hole in the top for a ribbon

Carefully lay on rack to dry

Let dry 2 days, turning occasionally

When completely dry, put a ribbon through the hole

in ornament for hanging

That's it

I tried this a few years ago with my kids and they didn't turn out to bad. I don't think mine was the exact copy of yours, but it was very close. I hadn't even thought about doing these again, but you got me thinking!!! These would be a great gift for the kids to do!! THANKS!!!:greenappl

I just cut out some snowflakes out of paper for my GD to decorate with glitter. I thought that would be fairly easy to do, just put glue on a plate and dip them into the glue and then sprinkle glitter on them. I also want to get some plain votive candle holders to put glue and then glitter on. Who knows, this glitter could be a mess!

I also want to get some plain votive candle holders to put glue and then glitter on. Who knows, this glitter could be a mess!

Just a side note: Micheals has clear glass votive holders for pretty cheap.

I like the applesause idea. I think we will try this with my kids.