Is it me or Are my kids just not interested in toys this year?

Boilerhoss

My kids have not asked for anything specific this year. Usually they are asking for one thing only. It makes it hard to get gifts when they really dont say what they really want. I even took them both the other night to TRU just to get ideas but they really didnt point anything out. They are 8 and 4 and both boys anyone have a suggestions??

My kids are the same this year. The only thing my son has said he wants are the zero gravity cars. Normally by this time I have a list from both of my kids but they just don't seem interested in anything this year yet.

We have 4 children between us living at home. All teens and not one of them has said what they wanted. When asked I got nothing in response. They all have tv's, dvd players, cd players, and all have some sort of video game box. I have to put them on the spot and have them make out a list like I did in previous years.

I haven't heard much either. DD who is 10 asked for a Gameboy SP (on sale at walmart this year) and a pixter. Which she is getting both. DS who is 12 is asking for a "Land sea" car/truck thing?? Which they only offer at Toysrus, He also asked for some PS2 games. He has "mentioned" a cell phone here and there so i think i'm going to get him one of the calling card trac phones that are on sale at walmart and then make him responsible for buying the mins. That will be his "surprise" gift.

But besides that,,,there really isn't much they asked for. That makes it hard when i'm shopping thou.