Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

I pre-ordered a book from Amazon.com like 2 months before it was supposed to come out for my son, and we thought that meant that the book would be shipped to us so that he had it on the day it was released, well it wasn't. It was shipped on that date so he got his book like 4 days after it came out, and he wasn't happy about it, everyone else in school had the book before him.

My point is that if you want something on the day it is released I wouldn't order it from Amazon again.

Amazon guarantees release date delivery on video games. I have not had a problem.

Unless it is specified to get it on the day it comes out, you have to have prime to get it fast. I always get mine in 2 days. MOvies were release day, but nothing else I've ordered has been.

I pre-ordered a book from Amazon.com like 2 months before it was supposed to come out for my son, and we thought that meant that the book would be shipped to us so that he had it on the day it was released, well it wasn't. It was shipped on that date so he got his book like 4 days after it came out, and he wasn't happy about it, everyone else in school had the book before him.

My point is that if you want something on the day it is released I wouldn't order it from Amazon again.

I think because other retailers promised that you would have it on the day it came out, and I probably didn't read it and just assumed that's what every place did and that we'd have it that day. Every day he would come home from school and ask if it came yet, and if we could just go out and buy it... It was one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, Scholastic delivered them to school on the day of the release.

That's what I was thinking. Here's the link to the Release-Date Delivery

- however I think it is only offered to Amazon Prime Members (I could be wrong though)

No, you don't have to be a Prime member. My son ordered Battlefield 3 and release date delivery was only $0.99; he got his on time. Mine on the other hand never shipped (I didn't use release date for me). I cancelled mine this weekend and ordered from Walmart, lol.

I think because other retailers promised that you would have it on the day it came out, and I probably didn't read it and just assumed that's what every place did and that we'd have it that day. Every day he would come home from school and ask if it came yet, and if we could just go out and buy it... It was one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, Scholastic delivered them to school on the day of the release.

It might have said that. I got my new Charlaine Harris Book the day it was released in stores. Although I did have a prime membership and that might have helped with the shipping.

I just pre-ordered Elder Scrolls last night and you could choose delivery on release date for free for Prime Members. I did notice it was automatically on free 2 day shipping and you had to change your shipping option to get release date delivery. If I had not known that option was available I probably would have missed it....

I am looking for Nintendo DS advice. I think I'm leaning towards the DSi XL for my 5 & 7 year old boys for Christmas. First, can someone who has played both the XL and a regular sized one tell me, is the XL worth the extra money? Or, would you suggest one of the other models? Also, looking at Walmart they have a bundle for the DSi XL, a case, and a game for $179 right now. Will I find something for less on Black Friday? Are there other accessories I need to look for as well? I of course, would like to get these for as little as possible but don't want to just go buy the cheapest models that they'll need to upgrade a year down the road. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Niccole

:2wiggle:

I am trying to decide between a Wii and Xbox Kinect for my daughter. We have a PS3 and tried the Move with it but didn't really like it. I know she has played the Wii and Kinect at her friends house, but not really enough to pick one over the other.

I am hoping someone else has experience with both of these gaming systems and can tell me which one they would recommend for a 5 year old and overall family fun time. Also, which games have been the most fun for your children/family?

Thanks

I am trying to decide between a Wii and Xbox Kinect for my daughter. We have a PS3 and tried the Move with it but didn't really like it. I know she has played the Wii and Kinect at her friends house, but not really enough to pick one over the other.

I am hoping someone else has experience with both of these gaming systems and can tell me which one they would recommend for a 5 year old and overall family fun time. Also, which games have been the most fun for your children/family?

Thanks

I would defiantly say the Wii. Xbox is geared more for adults and the Wii is more for kids and families. :)

Thanks

If you do not already have a 360 then I would go for the Wii. We have both and the kinect line of games is getting better and better; we hardly play the wii anymore. However, cost wise and bc of the library of games, the Wii is better for a family just getting into gaming. Keep in mind, that the new Nintendo console should be out by spring of 2012.

Id have to disagree we have 2 wiis 3 360s and 2 ps3s the wii is never touched and the ps3 is a high priced bluray player but the 360s are used every day unless you have little little kids get a xbox. The wii has alot of games but most are not that good

Id have to disagree we have 2 wiis 3 360s and 2 ps3s the wii is never touched and the ps3 is a high priced bluray player but the 360s are used every day unless you have little little kids get a xbox. The wii has alot of games but most are not that good

I'm not really sure who or what you are disagreeing with but I actually gave the poster my thoughts on both systems and said that 'I' personally preferred the 360. However, based on the fact that she's getting it as a family console with a 5 year old girl in mind, I recommended the Wii. Whether games are good or not is all relative and one could say the same about games for the 360 especially when discussing them in relation to a 5 year old.

UNLESS Amazon specifies release-day delivery. Look for that in the description.

I'm not really sure who or what you are disagreeing with but I actually gave the poster my thoughts on both systems and said that 'I' personally preferred the 360. However, based on the fact that she's getting it as a family console with a 5 year old girl in mind, I recommended the Wii. Whether games are good or not is all relative and one could say the same about games for the 360 especially when discussing them in relation to a 5 year old.

I agree, for a family the Wii is king. I have a 16 y o and a 19 y o so the 360 is on all the time. I use the Wii for exercise and Netflix.

My son just informed us that he wants a game system. He says a PS3, but he has a PS2 now so I wonder if that is the reason. They do not use it to get online or anything. I am wondering if the Xbox 360 is a better system. He is 13. he mostly plays football and baseball games and hunting/fishing games.

I have heard great things about both systems so I am just curious. It seems to me that XBox 360 is cheaper and they have them on sale this Saturday at Walmart.

could someone give me soem advice please. and also we have a Wii and I was thinking about getting them a sports game or hunting game for it. Are the games like that any good on the Wii?

Thnks

If you do not already have a 360 then I would go for the Wii. We have both and the kinect line of games is getting better and better; we hardly play the wii anymore. However, cost wise and bc of the library of games, the Wii is better for a family just getting into gaming. Keep in mind, that the new Nintendo console should be out by spring of 2012.

:eyepoppin What is the new Nintendo console? a re-vamped wii or ???

thanks

My son just informed us that he wants a game system. He says a PS3, but he has a PS2 now so I wonder if that is the reason. They do not use it to get online or anything. I am wondering if the Xbox 360 is a better system. He is 13. he mostly plays football and baseball games and hunting/fishing games.

I have heard great things about both systems so I am just curious. It seems to me that XBox 360 is cheaper and they have them on sale this Saturday at Walmart.

could someone give me soem advice please. and also we have a Wii and I was thinking about getting them a sports game or hunting game for it. Are the games like that any good on the Wii?

Thnks

We have both PS3 and Xbox 360. Both are awesome systems. I bought the PS3 for DS13 (He was around 8 at that time) and DH to share, however we ended up buying DS the 360 because it has more age apropriate games for him. They have finally started to bring out more PS3 games for teens, but DS still likes his 360 better. I would ask why he wants the PS3 though, because if he is like my DS there is always a reason. For instance, they make some games for only the PS3 or Xbox 360.

We have both PS3 and Xbox 360. Both are awesome systems. I bought the PS3 for DS13 (He was around 8 at that time) and DH to share, however we ended up buying DS the 360 because it has more age apropriate games for him. They have finally started to bring out more PS3 games for teens, but DS still likes his 360 better. I would ask why he wants the PS3 though, because if he is like my DS there is always a reason. For instance, they make some games for only the PS3 or Xbox 360.

Yeah, I will definitely ask him, but I am thinking it is because he and his twin brother have a PS2 and they love it. They are not big video game players, but they do like to play their sports and hunting/fishing. I think that most of the football games that they play come out on all systems. I am not sure about the hunting/fishing games. The only reason he wants a new system is so they can both have one now that they have their own room. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I will definitely ask him, but I am thinking it is because he and his twin brother have a PS2 and they love it. They are not big video game players, but they do like to play their sports and hunting/fishing. I think that most of the football games that they play come out on all systems. I am not sure about the hunting/fishing games. The only reason he wants a new system is so they can both have one now that they have their own room. Thanks for the advice.

Oh, well if the games he likes comes on both systems I think you would be set with whichever one you choose. My DS likes the Teen fighting games like Naruto and Dragon Ball Z and some of those are only 360. I've always suspected that is why he originally ask for it. Does he realize that the PS3's no longer play the PS2 games? That could be why he's asking for the PS3.

Oh, well if the games he likes comes on both systems I think you would be set with whichever one you choose. My DS likes the Teen fighting games like Naruto and Dragon Ball Z and some of those are only 360. I've always suspected that is why he originally ask for it. Does he realize that the PS3's no longer play the PS2 games? That could be why he's asking for the PS3.

Yeah he knows. I had already told him that. I think he saw a commercial for the PS3 and couldn't believe how real it looked. Does the Xbox360 look as good?

Yeah he knows. I had already told him that. I think he saw a commercial for the PS3 and couldn't believe how real it looked. Does the Xbox360 look as good?

I think so. My DS13 says 360 is better and DH says PS3 is better. The graphics look the same to me. I'm guessing one of the football games you are talking about is Madden. DH has that game on PS3 and wow it's almost like your out there on the field......

Edited by Kim3498

I think so. My DS13 says 360 is better and DH says PS3 is better. The graphics look the same to me. I'm guessing one of the football games you are talking about is Madden. DH has that game on PS3 and wow it's almost like your out there on the field......

Yeah i think that is the game he saw. Thanks for all your help.

Exactly. I would defiantly recommend the Wii for a 5 year old. We have a Wii and my 6 year old loves it and I'm looking to get my 11 year old an Xbox for Xmas.

I had no idea the PS3 did not play PS2 games. So glad a decided to get the Xbox. Lol