Black Friday Survive and Thrive Strategies

AuntJamelle

We always do layers because it's cold outside in those lines, but gets awfully toasty inside the stores.

My sister and I go together and the best plan works out when we bring a 3rd non-shopping person w/ us. Sometimes my husband, last year it was my son (18yrs old). The non-shopper drops us off, goes grabs a parking spot. Then they go in the store search for a cart and stand w/ the cart in a designated location. Pretty much something like the diaper aisle where nothing is. Then we run back and forth to the cart w/ the items and they go get in line when we are done. They also can watch our coats and such. Having the cart is great, but it is very difficult to navigate the aisles w/ one so we found this plan to work best.

We always do layers because it's cold outside in those lines, but gets awfully toasty inside the stores.

My sister and I go together and the best plan works out when we bring a 3rd non-shopping person w/ us. Sometimes my husband, last year it was my son (18yrs old). The non-shopper drops us off, goes grabs a parking spot. Then they go in the store search for a cart and stand w/ the cart in a designated location. Pretty much something like the diaper aisle where nothing is. Then we run back and forth to the cart w/ the items and they go get in line when we are done. They also can watch our coats and such. Having the cart is great, but it is very difficult to navigate the aisles w/ one so we found this plan to work best.

Be sure to feed them, and most guys will be compliant!

My sister and I live in different states. If we can't be together we share lists and use cell phones to make sure we get everything. Sometimes the phone lines get tied up so we go ahead and purchase, it can always get taken back. I use mostly cash and the envelope system has worked for me in the past. I only use my cc if my sis can't find something and I pick it up for her. I also dress in layers and bring a group, if needed. Last year my daughter and her best friend were dropped off at walmart to stand in line for her laptop and they took turns shopping for the little things/rr breaks etc. My husband and I took Target for our TV since we had to be outside. We took turns sitting in the car and running to the rr. Got to say my husband can handle the cold more and I did sit in the car more but he did want a big tv. I also never run straight I go through the clothes section at our target b/c they gave us a map and I knew exactly where that TV was and was out the door in 15 min. We have also made it a party when the children were little my sister and I rented a hotel room in the city close to the stores (we live in the country). My oldest daughter stayed with my neice and had a good time swimming etc and we would shop, sleep then sit in the spa. That was a blast. I agree with everyone you must have a great attitude and know what the goal is.

• 2 weeks later...

Detailed list of what stores I'm buying from, what I'm buying, what time they open etc.

Dress in Layers

Take Blankets, Chairs, Umbrella if raining, Laptop to keep a check on gottadeal.com, Snacks & My sister and then put all away about 15 minutes prior to the store opening.

Get us a buggy that she goes ahead and gets in line with ready to check out & I grab what all we need.

Then shop till we drop :)

Usually, I don't recommend this unless you want to but, I sleep in my clothes, so when I get up, I am fully dressed. I usually like to plan a few days ahead and make a list of what I want and need. Always shop in a group, never do BF alone. If you are in a group, corroborate who is going to go where. For instance, in a group of 6, split into two person teams with each team, taking a store, have a meeting spot, preferably someone home, split the booty and make payments accordingly. If retailers do an early bid on items, order quick to move items (dvds, games, home items) online, then get some rest for the big dance later on. If you work it right, BF can be a great and fun experience. Plus the battle stories are always great.

We daughter, BF and I have those folding shopping carts we take into store. One will get in line the others fill the carts and then check out. I also take all ads to comparsion shop and will sometimes split off to different stores to shop for each other. I don't like it when groups block the aisles just to chat so we scout stores before BF to plan our route.

Usually, I don't recommend this unless you want to but, I sleep in my clothes, so when I get up, I am fully dressed. I usually like to plan a few days ahead and make a list of what I want and need. Always shop in a group, never do BF alone. If you are in a group, corroborate who is going to go where. For instance, in a group of 6, split into two person teams with each team, taking a store, have a meeting spot, preferably someone home, split the booty and make payments accordingly. If retailers do an early bid on items, order quick to move items (dvds, games, home items) online, then get some rest for the big dance later on. If you work it right, BF can be a great and fun experience. Plus the battle stories are always great.

Just make sure you brush teeth in am:D We do a group and it works great...then later on when we stop for lunch and all meet, we settle up financially and swap goods. Cell phones are great to call and touch base and double check you are getting what they want. My only suggestion, make sure you don't send a beginner into 'hot' stores, give them the easier ones.