Outdoor decoratingr--who is DONE?

allshoppedout

I am actually all set now, I got various things, from Costco, BigLots, Walmart & Garden Ridge (wish I had found it allll in one place, but anyway, I got me some stuff!!!) I did NOT like anything HomeDepot's stuff or Lowe's (no offense to anyone else)

The only thing I am looking for and not sure I am explaining it right, but is lights that are heavy duty and alternate slowly. It doesn't matter if they are kind of teardrop shaped or bulb, or LED, but I don't want them to blink rapid like, and I don't want them to fade or go down string 1 by one.

Think Charlie brown christmas where like 8 random lights go off, then another 8, etc, (but it isn't every-other-lightbulb) I cannot find anyone who knows what I want. They point me those 1 or 2 sets in the store that say MULTI FUNCTION, and they do 10 or 14 different things, and I have had two kinds of those before and they ended up in the trash. The transformer? thingy freezes below a certain temp, and guess what??--THEY DON"T DO ANYTHING but stay ON STEADY!

I never see them in HEAVY DUTY ...

ANYONE KNOW what I am talking about?

:no: nooooooooooo.... I am not even THAT old, but the sales people look at me like I am from another planet. I hated the blinky type that some people have where like the room goes dark for 10 seconds, because no lights stay on LOL... In this day and age we should have limitless choices, not fewer....

ummm....I haven't looked for lights in a while but I think your thinking of the old style thicker ones which probably became obsolete with all the newer smaller stuff

nooooooo

can we see pics when it's done? If I start pestering my dad NOW we may have the house painted in time to put up lights.

I don't like to post pics of my house online, I am sorry to seem like a party pooper. . .

WE have LIGHT UP NiGht (celebrated mostly in the city)buy I put my lights on that night--this coming Friday...and then wait for thanksgiving to put them on every night

Not me. Still trying to figure out what to put on the apartment patio. It is screened so am thinking of maybe some icicle lights on the inside of the screen.......

I think that'll look nice. Are they the kind that blink/chase? And if they are the kind that have a blinking or chasing option that'd be nice.

By the way-- only found 1 kind of LED that has mult-function or ANY function and that was at Garden Ridge...