17" flat panel LCD with DVI for $350-$450?

Our good friend BobbyDouglas should post for himself :tongue1:

Personally, if you want DVI I would go with the Dell 1703FP. It is Dell's best 17" model and has DVI, plus all the nifty features of the larger models like the height-adjustable stand, thin bezel, etc...

They have it for 10% off at Dell Home through tomorrow, and (although you didn't hear this from me) there will be a $35 off $450 coupon code tomorrow (we have it - just can't post it yet), so you will be able to get it for $414 shipped - which is $5 more than it was yesterday when they had a $40 coupon, but that's the way things go. :fedora:

And if you don't care about DVI, that Sceptre model at Amazon for $319 AR is a very nice deal.

Thanks RossMan. I will have to wait a bit now before I do this, however, I just placed an order through your link to Amazon for the MX 510 Mouse ;)

My $800 truck service (shocks/brakes) set me back a month or so, but I still really want this monitor!

No worries :hert:

As the holiday season approaches, I'm sure there will be more deals on LCDs.

BenQ is an above-average manufacturer. Better than those SVA/Sceptre/Sylvania models that have been available lately. Here is the Pricegrabber listing for the DVI model:

http://gottadeal.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=2667336&blsrt=1

so as you can see, the Amazon price is $50 cheaper than anywhere else. This is a $400 LCD.

Yes, it isn't as good as the Dell, but the Dell costs quite a bit more...