Annual call for Black Friday volunteers (update post #12)

Brad

It's that time where we start looking for possible volunteers for various Black Friday-related tasks on the site. Below you'll find some descriptions of things that we might need help with. If you want to help out, please PM me and let me know which of the items below you'd be interested in helping with along with any related experience/skills you may have.

We likely won't need any additional mods for the BF forums beyond those who've helped out in the past (I'll be contacting those of you who were mods last year soon). If that changes I'll make another thread looking for help.

Here is what we're looking for:

- We'll need a few people to help link the thousands of Black Friday ad items to the product pages on the store web sites. This involves looking at the BF ad and searching for the same item on that store's site and pasting that link in a special form.

- New this year, we're looking for people interested in writing feature articles for the BF site. If you have an interesting BF-related topic that you could write about, let us know. We'll post your article on the site, and maybe even send out a press release about it. These articles could be about BF tips, your past experiences, "reviews" of the ads as they are posted, etc...

- Similarly, we're also looking for people interested in creating unique YouTube videos about Black Friday and the site. These can be about anything you'd like as long as they are related to BF. We'll post these on our official YouTube page and post them on the site as well.

- If there are any social networking "gurus" who'd like to help run our official Twitter and Facebook accounts, we could use that help as well. Engage our followers, try to grow our counts on these services, etc... Would be something nice to put on a resume as well.

- We're always looking for help promoting the site. Tasks such as contacting media outlets and suggesting they do a story on GD, sending out our press releases, commenting on news stories / blogs / etc... and mentioning GD where appropriate.

While these are volunteer positions, should you help out you will be rewarded for your time. You might also get other perks such as seeing ads before anyone else (always a popular benefit, lol).

So again, if you are interested in any of these, send me a PM. Also, if you have something else that you can offer to help out this year, feel free to let me know about that as well.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone has good availability (especially early mornings and nights) for the next 6 weeks and has above-average typing skills and knows how to do basic image editing (resizing, cropping, etc...), I'm still looking for help with some things.

PS, you'll get to see some ads before anyone else if you can do these things...

PM me if you are interested.