How do you Strategize your BF?

rosegarden

First, I print the previews off the BF sites and get a general idea of who has the best ads.

I get up on T-Day and drive to the store and buy 2 copies of both of the large city papers (We live 30 mins between both). I bring them home and HIDE THE INSERTS!!!!!! The rest of the paper is free to peruse by those members who aren't busy cooking. While the turkey cooks and after the potatoes are peeled, me and SILS sit down at the kitchen table for the preliminary review. All children are shooshed away!!! A big rule at our house.

Papers are stashed until after dinner. While we enjoy dessert, the papers come out again with pads of paper, highlighters and red and green jello shots.

BILs always come in with their pens and pen in which items "may" be on their wish lists. (Sometimes Santa is good to them, sometimes not)

A strategy and decisions are made on which stores have the BEST BF sales and which store and who will stand outside at what time.

It works this way every year.

Well I myself have loved BF for about 4 years now... Everybody in my family & friends thinks that I an NUTS for going shopping but... I have found in one morning I can get 90% of my shopping done... YAY! Anyhoo...

I usually keep an eye on this and two other BF sites and make crib notes on what is looking good... Then the week of I collect the sale papers and print out the ones I dont have...

Thanksgiving night:

I make an excel sheet based on store, item, price, who gets it...

From there i put in all the items I would "want to buy"

I go through it and based on store opening times, amount of bargains, driving distances, etc I prioritize my route for the morning...

BF Morning I dont buy anything except for door busters... (unless I have to walk by it) I go in grab the stuff, leave to the next store...

that leaves the afternoon for a nap and go back for the weekend bargains...

Will be better this year, I have my fiancee talked into going with me... so that means one of us can stand in line to pay while the other heads to the next store...

Stephen

I watch the sites and wait for the flyers. The week of Thanksgiving I buy multiple papers everyday because you never know when a store will slip an ad in. I usually try and have 3 of the same ad, one for me, one for dh and an extra. On that Wednesday or Thursday, I write on the paper what I want or need and then highlight what I really want. By the time Friday comes I am crazy,excited and ready to go.:trampolin :trampolin