Walmart Price Matching

Rockfordmom

I saw a commercial last week about Walmart price matching other stores and one of the people in the commercial said that Walmart matched their grocery store that they have a shoppers card for. Does that mean that Walmart now matches CVS and grocery stores with shopping cards?

I saw a commercial last week about Walmart price matching other stores and one of the people in the commercial said that Walmart matched their grocery store that they have a shoppers card for. Does that mean that Walmart now matches CVS and grocery stores with shopping cards?

Mine does as long as it's not the price with the extra care cash or an instore coupon adjusted price. I always take the ad because most of the cashiers at my Walmart just love to give you a hard time about price adjusting.

But the commercial said that they price match stores with shoppers cards, in the past they wouldn't match CVS because you needed a shopper card to get to get the low price. Has anybody tried to price match a store and an item that you have to have a card to get the sale price?

I haven't tried it, but if they refuse to honor it, I'd raise Caine. Ask for them to call the store manager. If you still don't get anywhere, call their 800 number for customer service and they'll get some involuntary training on the new policy. Ticks me off when companies roll out these new programs then don't honor them or don't train their employees. Our Walmarts are all pretty bad, so I would expect problems.

I always had the ad, but I know in the past the only thing they didn't price match "store brand" items. Like if Acme had their brand eggs on sale, Walmart didn't price match that. But now since no ad is needed how would they know if something is the store brand or not?

I haven't tried it, but if they refuse to honor it, I'd raise Caine. Ask for them to call the store manager. If you still don't get anywhere, call their 800 number for customer service and they'll get some involuntary training on the new policy. Ticks me off when companies roll out these new programs then don't honor them or don't train their employees. Our Walmarts are all pretty bad, so I would expect problems.

Our Walmarts are all pretty bad too, and I rarely shop there (their prices aren't great and their checkout lines are too long). In the past they haven't always been coupon friendly. Now that the kids are back in school maybe I'll try it.

I wish they'd bring back their "if there's more than 3 people in line we will open another register" policy! And why do their cashiers have to talk and talk and talk to every customer no matter how long the lines are? There's no sense of "I need to hurry" in any of them.

Our Walmarts are all pretty bad too, and I rarely shop there (their prices aren't great and their checkout lines are too long). In the past they haven't always been coupon friendly. Now that the kids are back in school maybe I'll try it.

I wish they'd bring back their "if there's more than 3 people in line we will open another register" policy! And why do their cashiers have to talk and talk and talk to every customer no matter how long the lines are? There's no sense of "I need to hurry" in any of them.

I despise Walmart, but there are a handful of things I can only get there (unless I want to pay a fortune elsewhere), like DH's shampoo. I usually end up there when I am in the "last resort" territory of a search. DS needed a rolling backpack (5th grade has to carry all their 10 lbs of books all day!) and the ones we found weren't big enough to hold everything (unless they were $100!), so I ended up there Thursday. I literally stood in line for 30 minutes to checkout. It was nuts. I won't be back for awhile. I can tell you that!

My Walmart price matches anything except % off and B1G1 (including store brands). I have always brought the ad with me. Most cashiers don't check them so I write in sharpee the product and price on the front, then I circle the product with a sharpee in case they do want to look at it. Makes it easier to spot.

I stay clear of WalMart, I go there maybe 2 times a year. Everytime I go I get a reminder of why I hate WalMart. Crowded, wait forever in line and Rude cashiers. Not to mention they are the reason why so many of our little mom and pop stores had to close.

• 3 weeks later...
I have requested price matches a couple of times on video games that were 1/2 price in K-Mart with the ad and they did not honor them. Wasted 30 mins with a salesperson and then had to wait for a manager who indicated they needed to verify and call K-Mart. Just gave up and went to Best Buy where I got the game and price match with no problems.

I price matched the big lots ad there today. I had to have the ad and the cashier went to about three different cm's before she would price match it. She said that she didn't know if they could price match a discount store or not. I price matched the big lots ad yesterday with no problem and didn't have to have the ad with a different cashier. I think it just depends on which cashier you get like everywhere else.

I live in WV and I have been using Walmart for price matching Kroger, Foodland and even Family Dollar stores ads on groceries and other items. I have a Kroger discount card and when Kroger lists a price in their sale papers it usually refers to Kroger discount card users. I have price matched these deals at Walmart. I just show them the Kroger sales ad and they change their price to match it.