Anyone ever have their BF layaway item NOT there at Pickup?

erh12275

I had forgotten all about this until I saw another post asking what if something happened. 3 years ago a woman I worked w/ went shopping on Black Friday. She put some things in layaway that day...including a walk/ride on toy for her baby. Her layaway was to be picked up on the 15th or so of December. She goes to pick it up...pays for it after waiting in yet another long line...and then waits for someone to come get the layaway items out of the back for her. Well to make a long story short...one of the items wasn't there. And of course they didn't have it in stock...and couldn't get it. And all the store did was give her her money back...which she had to wait in line at the service desk for. Anyone have this happen or know someone this happened to? Oh and by the way...that was Kmart and that store no longer does layaway on Black Friday...but I have heard several other stories about them losing items in other layaways also.

Some store lost a power wheels that my parents were getting for my brother. My parents (mostly my dad) just waited there until they kept looking and eventually found it. If a large box a power wheels comes in can get lost in all that mess back there, anything's possible.

Walmart lost a DVD player I had put in there a few years ago. Luckily they had some more of them out on the floor so after waiting nearly 2 hours for them to finally admit they couldn't find my DVD player, they sent someone out to the floor to get another one for me.

When I worked at our local Walmart I was in layaway. It was the first year the store had opened, and this woman had a HUGE layaway, like $400.00. We used to have to scan the layaway packages, so nothing would be lost, this way it would update the computer and let you know EXACTLY where someones layaway was.

This layaway was missing, and I had told the store manager. 2 weeks went by and the woman came in for her layaway, and we still hadn't found it. She was FURIOUS, not only did they let her get everything on her layaway for free, they also gave her a $250.00 GC for her trouble.

This was 9 years ago, I doubt today they would have been so kind.

I had my layaway lost at Kmart last year for 2 days......I waited about.....3 hours while they looked...finally the manager gave me her home phone and a $25 gift certificate for my trouble and promised to get back with me first thing in the mornng..they would continue to look...(because it was almost closing time)....they did call the next day..found half..and the next day the rest......but I was highly upset.....although since I have worked in stores..I know its not something I would take out on an employee...come to find out...the lady that put my layaway in....had marked it completely wrong...and it wasn't even near where it should be.