Stores going to disallow Price Matches?

kelemvor

Couple years ago Best Buy came out with a big policy stating that you would not be able to get a price match on items that were on sale for Black Friday. I didn't get anything from them that year but has anyone heard if stores are going to try that again?

I'm always a big advocate of buyign the items a couple days before BF and then just taking the receipt back in on BF to get a price match. Then you don't have to worry about them being out of stock. Of course if you go and they still have the item, you can always jsut buy it and then return the previous oen but that's just extra work.

We'll have to wait and see if BB and CC have any decent deals this year but hopefully we'll be able to PM like normal.

Circuit City may not price match, but you can buy the item online the day before ie Thanks Giving and select instore pickup. You can then be assured its instock and ready for you and all you have to do is pick it up. You get the BF price online also. I've done that two years now.

Since more and more stores are offering the ability to buy online and pickup instore I am going to try that more this year. Sears and Cirucit City are to large ones I know that do this. You can buy the day before and pickup/pay the next day at the BF price. It has worked well at Cirucit City in the past. Since the items are already "ordered" you just go straight to pickup and you don't have to mess with the large crowds unless you want to.

It would really be retail suicide to not price match. ESPECIALLY when they normally do!~

Actually, if you read the PM language in CC's and BB's PM policies, both specifically preclude price matching "specials, limited quantities, promotional items," etc. Both stores would and do make a case that BF sales items are both special price promotional sales items and limited quantity items. And, no, it never has been "retail suicide" for either not to price match on BF during the doorbuster hours.

Now, both BB and CC will price match after the doorbuster hours are over.....at least this has been the case for the last 4 or 5 years we've seen.

I remember a few years back being able to PM the Door Buster TV from WM at BB late that night, well after cut-off time and way out of stock. For some reason, I was also able to get BB to discount the mail-in rebate during the sale. I gave it to my ex father in-law, I still miss that TV. Though, since then the store have increasingly become more restrictive on theor policies.

OT: what is TRU, a regional chain or an acronym I don't recognize yet?