*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

Depending on how many of my various orders at different retailers get fulfilled, I may have one or more extra to give away here on the site at some point. No guarantees until I know how many actually ship.

I tried Saturday morning, every store in this area was sold out. Of course a couple of the issues are:

1. I live in Geek Central, USA.

2. I don't think stores had a large supply on hand, and some, such as Best Buy, were starting to ship them back to HP.

I was at Staples at 11am, and I heard the cashier tell someone they had a line around the corner when they opened at 8am, and they were sold out at 8:02am. We tried Best Buy (long gone), Office Depot (long gone) another Office Depot (even longer gone) and Costco (had not dropped the price.)

I think the only place that might have still had them were small towns in this country, but I'd call the store first. Chances are, by now, they're gone. You might have still had a chance late Saturday morning.

It's like early Black Friday!

TY! I really wanted to get the 32GB, but I don't want to hold out too long and miss it while I'm sleeping...they are going so fast. I did read the companies that haven't lowered their prices will probably be following suit very soon.

Thanks again!

*ORDER CANCELLED* :(

Edited by Azurelunar

I can't beleive they still have stock after this past weekend's melee over them. It took me 2 days to order ONE and now here they are just sitting around...

Apparently some on that other deal site are getting cancellation emails from B&N for this even after paying and getting email conf. Has anyone here gotten a shipping notice?

Edited by staceyanna

I can't beleive they still have stock after this past weekend's melee over them. It took me 2 days to order ONE and now here they are just sitting around...

Apparently some on that other deal site are getting cancellation emails from B&N for this even after paying and getting email conf. Has anyone here gotten a shipping notice?

That's what I read, about cancellations. However it's weird they are still letting folks order. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

My Barnes and Noble order was cancelled (check your status'!) I tried for 3 but it just kept loading at checkout so I tried for 2...same thing so I finally tried for 1 and got it to go through but now its cancelled. I paid 100% in Gift cards so that might be why...who knows. I do know that right after I got 1 it was magically not in stock and a few seconds later it was gone from the website all together :(

However I Just got a 32GB in store at walmart in carlsbad..I searched everywhere and only came up with 1.... had to go behind and point it out to the associate when she glanced and told me they didn't have any..then ..I had to fight tooth and nail to get it without paying full price!

My order said unable to process so I called BN and they said that the order processing is slow but my order was confirmed. The woman I spoke with said it could take up to 48 hours to get it processed so you might want to call BN directly.

amickeyfan - that's how I ended up ordering 3...kept refreshing the page and clicking "add to cart". By the time I was able to get to "check out" I wasn't about to risk losing all. The only thing I am concerned about is that I did not enter the business name...I did receive the "Order Confirmation" number and note stating that it would be shipped on Monday but nothing has been directly sent to my email address. Have to just wait and see. My brother will burst if I'm able to get this for him.

I just got thru checking mine order online and it was to have shipped out today, but they pushed the ship out date to Aug 27th. I did get my order confirmation through the email yesterday. I had a heck of a time trying to check it today. I use Google Chrome and it kept saying no order found. I switched to IE and got thru... after waiting on hold for 91 minutes ...and getting discusted and hanging up lol