2 cans cream style corn

2 or 3 beaten eggs

8 crushed soda crackers

1 1/2 c. milk

1/2 tsp. salt

1 sm. can oyster pieces, drained

1 c crushed corn flakes

1/4 c. butter, cut in pieces

Empty corn into 2 quart baking dish. Add eggs, milk, crackers, salt, and oyster pieces. Stir together. Top with crushed corn flakes and pieces of butter scattered over the top. Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until center is firm and done. May omit oysters for plain scalloped corn.

We usually do traditional fare for meals: Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, beans, baked mac & cheese, different kinds of taters, other veggies, smoked ham,(lol..deer loins), etc etc.

Baking though, we make pecan pies, and either pumpkin or sweet potato (usually several of both, cause there's a ton of us), and pistachio cake.

And my gramma's banana pudding..I despise bananas, but, it's everyone else's favorite. LoL

Here is a good breakfest casserole

Ingredients

1 pound loaf Bread

8 ounces cream cheese

1/2 c.sugar, divided

1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract

1/2 c. chopped pecans, optional

4 eggs

2 c. Milk

1 tsp. cinnamon

2 TBSP. butter, melted

Directions

Cut bread into cubes. Place half of bread cubes into greased 9x13 baking dish. Microwave the cream cheese until melted, stirring midway. Stir 1/4 c. of the sugar and the extract into the melted cream cheese. Pour this mixture over the bread cubes (will not completely cover the bread)Sprinkle nuts over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining bread cubes.

In a bowl, beat the remaining sugar, eggs, milk, cinnamon and melted butter together. Pour over bread cubes.

Freeze at this point or let sit in refrigerator overnight.

Bake at 350 deg. F for 35 minutes. Serve with warm syrup or fruit toppings

HERSHEY'S COCOA FUDGE

2/3 c. Hershey's cocoa

3 c. sugar

1/8 tsp. salt

1 1/2 c. milk

1/4 c. butter

1 tsp. vanilla

Thoroughly combine dry ingredients in a heavy 4 quart saucepan; stir in milk. Bring to a bubbly boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring to 234 degrees (soft ball stage). Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan. Remove from heat add butter and vanilla. Do not stir. Cool at room temperature to 110 degrees. Beat until fudge thickens and loses some of its gloss. Quickly spread in a lightly buttered 8 or 9 inch square pan. Cool. 3 dozen squares

It is by far my favorite and I get lots of requests for it. It is really rich though.

Mmmm. Those sound yummy. Hubby loves anything with peanubutter. How do you make those?

This is probably not the right recipe but it sure looks good anyway. :D

Peanut Butter Mississippi Mud Bars

Makes 12 bars

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/special/2000/fields/mudbars.jpg

Believe it or not, it is possible to improve upon the combination of peanut butter and chocolate in a bar cookie. Just drop a little white chocolate into the batter, add a marbleized chocolate icing, then top it all off with scattering of toasted pecans! Your family and friends won't believe how incredibly easy these are to make. We always have a batch on hand during the Christmas holidays, but don't wait to make these until then. These are a must-bake bar year round.

Equipment Needed:

8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan

Electric Mixer

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1 large egg, at room temperature

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

8 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped

and divided into two 4-ounce portions

8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

and divided into two 4-ounce portions

1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted

and divided into two 1/2-cup portions

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the baking pan, line it with aluminum foil and butter the foil.

2. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and blend until smooth using the electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in the peanut butter until smooth.

3. Stir the egg and vanilla together in a bowl and add to the peanut butter mixture until combined.

4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and combine well.

5. Stir in 1 portion each of the white and semisweet chocolates and combine. Add 1 portion of the pecans and mix until combined.

6. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center is soft but no longer runny. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining white and semisweet chocolates over the top. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and set aside to let the chocolates melt.

7. When melted, swirl the chocolates together with the tip of a sharp knife to make a marbleized effect. Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the top. Let the bars cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.

8. To serve, cut into 2-inch squares and arrange on a serving plate.

Here ya go! :)

Buckeyes

http://images.allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/1255.jpg

Original recipe yield: 5 dozen.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups peanut butter

6 cups confectioners' sugar

1 cup butter, softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

--------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

Blend peanut butter, sugar, butter, and vanilla. (Dough will look dry).

Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.

Poke a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until hard (1/2 hour).

Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler (use very low heat, not much hotter than tap water or the chocolate will get grainy. This will take awhile).

Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes.

Put back on the wax paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate 2 hours.

:stir: OMG I wish i didn't see this now I HAVE to make em only thing is I am Afraid I will eat them all and my hips really do NOT need them!!