Recipes?!?!

Momto32003

Anyone have any traditional recipes that they use every year? I am looking for a good fudge one if anyone has one?

I have an apple one. It isn't really Christmas related but it is delicious if anyone is interested? I don't like apples but this is GOOOOOOOOD!!:razz:

here is my super easy Peanut butter fudge recipie.

1 cup marshmallow fluff

1 cup Peanut Butter (creamy or chunky That honey kind they make is great!)

2 cups of suger

2/3 cup milk

1 tablespoon vanilla

Add suger and milk to a pan and boil until it's at the soft ball stage

Remove from the heat and add the fluff Peanut butter and vanilla stir to combine pour into a pan (I use and glass one it comes out easier oh and spray it with pam ) and into the fridge for about two hours or until sent cut and enjoy!

You want fudge made with chocolate? You've hit the motherload!!

Amaretto Fudge

1 (12 oz) pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk

1/4 c amaretto

1 tsp almond flavoring

3/4 c slivered or sliced almonds

Mix chips and milk in a bowl, cover loosely and microwave on High for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth then add flavorings. Pour into a foil lined, greased 8" square pan that has been sprinkled with the almonds. Let cool and cut into 1" pieces.

Bailey's Irish Cream Fudge

4 1/2 cups sugar

1 12-oz can evaporated milk

1/2 pound butter

2 12-oz. pkg milk chocolate chips

1 12-oz. pkg semisweet chocolate chips

2 7-oz. jars marshmallow cream

2 teaspoons vanilla

2/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream

2 cups chopped walnuts -- optional

Set chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, vanilla, Bailey's and nuts in a very large bowl. Set aside for later. Bring butter, sugar and evaporated milk to a boil and then cook slowly for 11 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour milk mixture over the reserved chocolate chip mixture and stir slowly to blend. (Do not use a mixer.) Pour into a well-buttered 9x13-inch or 10x15-inch pan and chill. Makes about 5 pounds.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : If you like large pieces of fudge, use the 9x13-inch pan. If you prefer smaller pieces, use the 10x15-inch pan.

Cookies N' Cream Fudge

servings: Makes about 2 1/2 pounds

3 (6-oz) packages white chocolate baking squares

1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)

1/8 teaspoon salt

3 cups (about 20 cookies) coarsely crushed chocolate creme-filled sandwich cookies

In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt white chocolate squares, condensed milk and salt.

Remove from heat; stir in cookies.

Spread evenly into foil-lined 8-inch square pan.

Chill 2 hours or until firm.

Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off foil and cut into squares.

Store tightly covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.

Variation: Use 3 cups of any of your other favorite cookies. Proceed as above.

Kahlúa Creamy Fudge

1 1/3 c sugar

1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme

2/3 c evaporated milk

1/4 c butter

1/4 c Kahlúa

1/4 tsp salt

2 c semisweet chocolate chips

1 c milk chocolate chips

2/3 c pecans, chopped

1 tsp pure vanilla

Line 8" square baking dish with foil. In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, marshmallow creme, milk, butter, Kahlúa & salt. Bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add both chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Add nuts & vanilla. Turn into your prepared dish. Refrigerate until firm. Cut in squares when cool. Makes about 2 3/4 pounds of fudge.

Plain Chocolate Fudge

I usually do plain, nuts and a pan with nuts, mini marshmallows and marachino cherries mixed in (drain first though).

1 1/2 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 tsp vanilla

a dash of salt

Heat over med-low stirring often until melted and soft. Pour into a 11x7 pan lined with aluminum foil and chill about 2 hours.

Kim's recipe for fudge:

Ingredients:

1 telephone (land line or cell phone) (I prefer cell with mobile to mobile minutes)

1 telehone number (or speed dial)

Directions:

Dial sister's phone number, and request a batch or two of brother-in-law's super duper yummy fudge. Wait a few days and check the mail. Consume.

he makes the absolute best fudge I've ever had, (and I don't even really like rich chocolately things too much).. Not sure what all he puts in it, but I know it has chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, condensed milk (maybe?) and something else. I just know it's really good. :hungry:

I'd like to know how to make buckeyes. They are so yummy!

Here ya go! :)

Buckeyes

http://images.allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/1255.jpg

Original recipe yield: 5 dozen.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups peanut butter

6 cups confectioners' sugar

1 cup butter, softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

--------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

Blend peanut butter, sugar, butter, and vanilla. (Dough will look dry).

Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.

Poke a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until hard (1/2 hour).

Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler (use very low heat, not much hotter than tap water or the chocolate will get grainy. This will take awhile).

Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes.

Put back on the wax paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate 2 hours.

The old fashioned Homemade Fudge receipe is on the side of the Herseys' Cocoa Can. It is kinda hard to make, the weather has to be perfect outside....no humidity or the fudge has to be eaten with a spoon. But talk about delicious.....brings back childhood memories.....worth the effort when it comes out right!! lol Same with Divinity.....yummy

I use to make batches of both and give as Christmas presents.

sally

Kim's recipe for fudge:

Ingredients:

1 telephone (land line or cell phone) (I prefer cell with mobile to mobile minutes)

1 telehone number (or speed dial)

Directions:

Dial sister's phone number, and request a batch or two of brother-in-law's super duper yummy fudge. Wait a few days and check the mail. Consume.

he makes the absolute best fudge I've ever had, (and I don't even really like rich chocolately things too much).. Not sure what all he puts in it, but I know it has chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, condensed milk (maybe?) and something else. I just know it's really good. :hungry:

lol

great recipe:cool:

I have an apple one. It isn't really Christmas related but it is delicious if anyone is interested? I don't like apples but this is GOOOOOOOOD!!:razz:

I'd love to have the apple recipe! My MIL just gave us a huge bag of apples and I need some ideas on what to do with them! Besides applesauce, lol

:)

redoregano and Tracy72...Here it is.

EASY BAKED APPLES

Peel and quarter 4-6 large apples

Wrap each in a crescent wedge (2 rolls of crescent rolls)

Place in a baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon

Combine 1 stick of butter (melted) with 1c of sugar and 1c of sprite or 7up

Stir until sugar is dissolved

Pour over apples and bake on 325 until lightly brown

Serve with ice cream or cool whip

We serve with Ice Cream. YUMMY!!!!!!!!

This is the See's fudge recipe my grandmother used to make:

3 pkg. chocolate chips

1 8 oz. jar marshmallow cream

1/2 lb. margarine

2 c. chopped nut meats

1 tsp. vanilla

Put chocolate chips and marshmallow cream in large bowl. Melt margaine and while still hot, pour over ingredients in bowl. Mix. Add nuts and vanilla and mix again.

4 1/2 c. sugar

1 large can evaporated milk

Mix in large saucepan. Bring to boil. Boil 7 to 8 minutes. Pour hot syrup over first mixture. Mix well.

Pour into greased pan. Let set in refrigerator overnight. Makes 4 1/2 lbs. After cutting, keep in refrigerator.

Always yummy!

We make sausage balls for breakfast every year. My husband now eats low carb so I modified the recipe and we like it even better than the original.

Original

1 roll of breakfast sausage

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

3 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)

Knead ingredients together until well mixed. Roll into walnut-sized balls and place on lightly greased baking sheet. Cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.

Low Carb

1 roll of breakfast sausage

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 1/2 cups whole wheat baking mix (we use Hodgson Mills)

We like them best with hot sausage and sharp cheddar cheese. :1cook:

Cranberry Apple Pie

http://www.kraftfoods.com/images/dbphotos/53104.jpg

Prep Time: 30 min

Total Time: 1 hr 20 min

Serves: 8

Ingredients 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples

1 cup whole fresh cranberries

3/4 cup sugar

3 Tbsp. MINUTE Tapioca

1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 pkg. (15 oz.) refrigerated pie crust

1 Tbsp. butter or margarine

Preparation:

MIX apples, cranberries, sugar, tapioca and cinnamon in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.

PREPARE pie crust as directed on package for two-crust pie, using 9-inch pie plate. Fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter. Cover with second pie crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits to permit steam to escape.

BAKE at 400°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.

Tips From the Kraft Kitchens:

Food Facts: Use Cortland, Baldwin, Jonathan or Granny Smith apples for best results.

How To Make a Lattice-Top Crust:

Cut second pie crust into 10 (1/2-inch) strips with pastry wheel or knife. Place 5 of the strips over filling. Weave lattice crust with remaining strips by folding back alternate strips as each cross is added. Fold trimmed edge of lower crust over ends of strips. Seal and flute edge. Bake as directed.

redoregano and Tracy72...Here it is.

EASY BAKED APPLES

Peel and quarter 4-6 large apples

Wrap each in a crescent wedge (2 rolls of crescent rolls)

Place in a baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon

Combine 1 stick of butter (melted) with 1c of sugar and 1c of sprite or 7up

Stir until sugar is dissolved

Pour over apples and bake on 325 until lightly brown

Serve with ice cream or cool whip

We serve with Ice Cream. YUMMY!!!!!!!!

Thanks...I have some apples over there now that needs used up...ned hubby to bring home a can of sprite or 7 up though...lol

pouring the liquid on the rolls dont make them all soggy?

Christmas Bark:

1# semi-sweet chocolate chips

shelled pistachios

cran-raisins

Toast the pistachios in oven to slightly brown. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, blend in desired amount of pistachios and cran-raisins. Use cookie sheet, line it with wax paper. Pour mixture on cookie sheet, place in fridge to chill. Once chilled, break up the bark - done! Suggestion - spread bark thin in cookie sheet, the thicker the bark spread, the harder it is to break. Should hold up in air tight container for a couple of weeks. I have it last up to a month in my house (garage) in air tight container in the cold. You can also drizzle white chocolate on the top for prettiness before chilling.

For fudge, I use the recipe off of the Eagle brand evaporated milk. I make Rocky Road fudge and everyone loves it!

I use my bark and fudge as gifts for when we go to people's homes over the holidays and for gifts to my co-workers....

Might try those Buckeyes this year too, they look good and easy - the kids could help me!

Thanks...I have some apples over there now that needs used up...ned hubby to bring home a can of sprite or 7 up though...lol

pouring the liquid on the rolls dont make them all soggy?

Not soggy at all. It is more like a cinnamon glaze. You will be very suprised as to how they taste. I know I was.