Prepaid phone with texting?

Anyone know any good deal on a prepaid phone that includes unlimited texting. I do more texting than calling and don't want to sign up for a 2 year contract with anyone. Any other suggestions would be great too? Not sure the best way to get texting without having to get a 2 year contract with a regular phone? Not sure about the down side to the prepaids either?

DD and her DH have phones from Walmart. They get 1000 text 1000 minutes per phone for $30 I think unlimited is $45. No plan just buy monthly and you can set it up to bill from your bank automatically if you want. The price is per phone.

• 3 weeks later...

We are virgin Mobile for this reason. I text more then I talk so the 300 minutes doesnt matter to me. The unlimited Text and Data are AWESOME. We actually ONLY have 3 VM phones. No land line. I rarely run out of minutes but if I do DD rarely uses more then 100 of hers so I just use hers.

We have been with them long enough that we are grandfathered in at the 25$ a month plan. I can not for 75$ get 3 lines with unlimited text and Data and 900 minutes to share anywhere else