Help with Foster Children Christmas

whafs8

I need a little help. I will give you the short story. I have 2 of my own children. And now this christmas I have custody of three more children indefinetly. So I am having to have a budget. I have bought my children's Christmas already except for a few bf deals. But I have no clue how to buy for them. I want them to have the same as my kids but this is alot financially. Any Ideas for some great inexpensive deals. As long as they have the same number of gifts I will be ok.

The kids are all boys ages 11,9,6. The oldest has begged for a Nintendo DS. but the other have no clue what they want.

The local charities really can not help that much because they are in relative care since they are my nephews so I will be having to do ALOT of bargain shopping. Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks

God Bless you for being kind enough to take in these kids, especially at this time of the year!

How old are your children? Maybe you can talk to them about this and explain the situation to them, maybe they would be okay with less gifts so the boys could have some gifts too.

Well my son I have talked with him and we are gonna share a big gifts. I bought him the whole Rokenbok construction set which is a very cool gift. WWW.ROKENBOK.COM and he is getting a tv/dv combo so since two boys share the room they will kinda share. So some toys are kinda community gifts. And my daughter is 2 so she is tough within herself. But the worst part is the kids really have no clue what they want. We went through the toy book and I will be ordering the whole book according to their list. So that is very hard.

I am thinking about buying each some type of electronics game that way they can share. i am thinking about a pixter or leapster. For the youngest the middle and sp. and the oldest. i am trying to convince him to ask for the Iwquest. It is on sale now for 40 at TRU. This way they each get their own video type game. And each one is about 40-50. So that is good. I hope. Grandparents are going to help me on BF to get the most for the money. So that is a tremendus help.

I need a little help. I will give you the short story. I have 2 of my own children. And now this christmas I have custody of three more children indefinetly. So I am having to have a budget. I have bought my children's Christmas already except for a few bf deals. But I have no clue how to buy for them. I want them to have the same as my kids but this is alot financially. Any Ideas for some great inexpensive deals. As long as they have the same number of gifts I will be ok.

The kids are all boys ages 11,9,6. The oldest has begged for a Nintendo DS. but the other have no clue what they want.

The local charities really can not help that much because they are in relative care since they are my nephews so I will be having to do ALOT of bargain shopping. Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks

Wow. How great of you to take them in. I know some people that are childless and wouldn't take in someone else's kids...relatives or not. God Bless you. Hope you find some great gifts.

It is a wonderful thing that you are doing. My 11 year old daughter loves her IQuest we got her last year. It is helping with school. My 5 year old has the Leapster and plays it all the time! You might also let the school counselor know that you are going to need help for Christmas, ours sent home a letter asking if anyone needed help.

Just keep watching for the BF ads and see what all is on sale. You can buy them the video systems as their big gift and just buy them other smaller items to finish their shopping. Just think of it this way, if they were in the states coustody rather than with you they probably wouldn't get any x-mas at all. So it's great what you're doing for them.

Thanks I am hoping the school will do something but have not heard of anything yet., And I am hoping to get some great 5-10 dollar items because they are boys and they will tear up some toys fast. And I am also planning on getting someone to buy some Bicycles for them so that will make them very happy. Thanks for the input.

With the ages of the boys, you may consider getting them all the SP. I have boys (12, 6, 4). My two oldest have the SP. The youngest has the leapster. The youngest wants there SP all of the time. If they all have the SP, they can share the games. You would not have to buy Leapster games, SP games and so on. In our house, we have community game cartridges. My 4 year oldwill get the SP for either his B-Day (12/18) or Christmas. That way they all have the SP. No more fighting. No get me wrong, they all play the leapster too. But if I were strapped for money I would do the SP's and different games. You can get some really good deals on games on BF or even now for that matter.

God Bless you for taking in those boys. My nephews are being raised by my parents. "Your" boys may not have received many gifts in the past. They may not expect anything much and probably will be extremely happy to just open a gift. They will be happy with whatever you do. Good Luck.

For the younger kids ( Your DD and the 6 Y/O boy) Target has doodle bears and doodle monsters on sale this week for $10. Someone posted a link here for the target toy catalog that is coming out this week or next and it is supposed to have coupons in it. I would look at the sale ads for TRU Target and WM every week to see if there is anything at a good price that week. There is a $5 off $25 printable coupon from TRU that someone posted a few weeks ago you will find it if you seach the threads.

What your doing is great, family has got to stick together. Also just think what they are getting is more than what a lot of children will have. Plus they have a nice warm home and food to eat. So do what you can and don't sweat the rest.:heart:

God bless you for what you are doing we took in a 14 year old girl one summer and as it got closer to Christmas I wondered the same thing. It turned out for the best and she was sent to live with her dad. And I sent her Christmas gifts with her.

I have three boys but my oldest is only 6, but I have found some of the best presents they play with don't really cost a whole lot. Legos are one of the best things and sometimes I got things that they didn't really ask for but turned out to be a big hit. My son also has the SP gameboy and loves it and I can't believe it's only 48.88 this year. Also ask the school, like the above person I got a letter asking if we knew anyone in need that the school could sponser. It teaches the kids at school about giving to others and makes someone's Christmas a little sweeter. And don't be embarrassed because it's a big jump from two kids to five, especially during the holidays. Good Luck

I would look on Ebay or at your local gameing store for second hand systems. I have bought them for my son and he is just as happy with it. It may not be exactly the system they want but at least it's something and usually the games are cheaper for on old system. Also maybe you can call some churchs and find out if they would give to your nephews. I know it's sometimes hard to ask for help but that is what they are there for. I know my town has Christmas for the Needy that is set up for people in your situation.

It is wonderful what you are doing. The Gameboy SP at Walmart would be a really good deal on BF. Also, I'd then check one of the game stores (I know we have EB Games here) for the used games. Thats almost all I buy DS when I buy games and I get them dirt cheap. With it being your nephews maybe some of the other family members will be able to chip in a bit too.

Thanks so much. i am a member of ebay so I will definetely check that out. Also thanks everyone for the thoughts. I know between family and friends the boys will have a great christmas. and sometimes they are even happy with Dollar tree toys. Thanks

I have fostered before (still have one that calls me mom at 29 and she's my daughter). Email me and I can help some.

For the ones that want the electronic games, think about the ones that just plug into the TV. They are around 20.00 nearer to Christmas and have a wide variety of games. They can use them on most any TV so it's much cheaper and each child could get one.

Well, email me.

I foster, and always seem to get a new kid the week of Christmas. I have learned to buy an extra of everything.

TRU has some bikes on clearance now, as well as an extra 50% off. My store had a basket full of video and computer games.

Also consider labelling things for the "game room" that way the gift is for anyone interested.

Family dollar has name brand hand held games for $5.00, (extreme Bop-It, etc)...great deal!

You have the boys at a hard age to buy for, anyway! Just know that this will be their best Christmas ever, reguardless of gifts, because they are comfortable, loved, and worry-free!

With the ages of the boys, you may consider getting them all the SP. I have boys (12, 6, 4). My two oldest have the SP. The youngest has the leapster. The youngest wants there SP all of the time. If they all have the SP, they can share the games. You would not have to buy Leapster games, SP games and so on. In our house, we have community game cartridges.

I agree - that is a lot less games you have to buy over time as they will be able to share the games they do have.

Andrea