Another GD Exclusive Feature: Online Ordering E-mail Alerts

Brad

Just when you thought Black Friday @ GottaDeal.com couldn't be any more useful, we bring you another feature you won't find at any other site (unless they steal this too, lol).

Judging by all the threads about it, many of you are wondering about getting BF deals online either before or on BF itself. Besides our big list of items available online which we'll have on the main site in a few weeks, we're going to make things even easier for you to get as much of your BF shopping done online as possible.

Here is how it works, when you add items to your Shopping List, we will automatically e-mail you an alert (to the e-mail address we have on record when you signed up for the forum) when any item on your list becomes available for ordering online at the Black Friday price. You don't have to do anything other than add the items to your Shopping List - we'll take care of the rest. Consider us your "Personal Black Friday Shopping Assistant". The e-mails sent will contain links right to the product's page so you can order quickly before they sell out.

So for those of you who had not planned to using the shopping list feature because you didn't want/need to keep track of what you want, this is another reason to consider it. Not only will you get notified of the items you are interested in being available online, but you'll also be contributing to our Most Wanted rankings which helps everyone see which items are the most in demand this year.

To get an idea of how the shopping list works, see this page for screenshots. You must be logged into the forum before going to the shopping list page or it may not recognize you. Also, if you have just registered for the forum and it does not recognize you, try coming back here to the forum, logging out, and then log back in (make sure you check the "remember me" option) and the page should recognize you.

Does that page recognize you by your forum name (i.e. Welcome aerosmithgirl)? Don't look at the menus on the left - for the shopping list you need to use the edit/display/print links in the main content part of the page. Click "edit list" and you will be shown a list of stores to browse for items to add.

It doesn't recognize me, but when I click on Register, it says I am already registered under the name aerosmithgirl. Do I need to edit my profile?? Sorry to bother you!

The only thing I can suggest is clearing the cookies in your web browser and then coming back here and logging in again and then seeing if it recognizes you.