PS 2

peeb4igo

Plus you should be able to get a package with games or a free accessory on BF. I bought one at TRU last year on BF. It game with something free. I don't remember what it was. But I purchased the warranty from TRU. I sent the PS2 in a few weeks ago because it wasn't working. A few days ago, I got a check in the mailf or $160. So now I guess I will be buying another one this BF. That $16 warranty definately paid off.:bounce_fl

Plus you should be able to get a package with games or a free accessory on BF. I bought one at TRU last year on BF. It game with something free. I don't remember what it was. But I purchased the warranty from TRU. I sent the PS2 in a few weeks ago because it wasn't working. A few days ago, I got a check in the mailf or $160. So now I guess I will be buying another one this BF. That $16 warranty definately paid off.:bounce_fl

I'm not sure what all is included in the warranty, but if you're purchasing one of the slim PS2s, I'd suggest getting a warranty if available. I've had no problems with my PS2 in the 4+ years that I've owned it (original design), but there are a few known problems with the slim design.

My son's slim PS2 keeps cutting off and the power cord gets hot, so I checked on their web site, and apparently there was a recall on certain power cords. They are sending us a replacement. If you're having problems, check that out first.

Yep, that's true.

My son's slim PS2 keeps cutting off and the power cord gets hot, so I checked on their web site, and apparently there was a recall on certain power cords. They are sending us a replacement. If you're having problems, check that out first.

Ours was doing the same thing. We got the replacement part, but it still did not work. So I just contacted the TRU warrenty. They must have had a lot of complaints because I got my check in less than a week of sending in the game.

Oh, man. I hope the replacement cord fixes ours. My 12 year old is driving me nuts.

My son is 12 too. He asked very day if the replacement cord had come in. He was so let down when it didn't work. Now I am making him wait til BF to see if they do have a good deal on the PS2 before I will let him use the warrenty money to buy a new one.

Good luck with yours.

It's probably a good idea to wait until bf to buy, but I might think about putting one on lay a way somewhere. Last year, I was waiting for bf, but a friend had a 10% off coupon for Target, so I went ahead and got it the week before. I was really glad that I did, because there were none to be found on bf.