What will be the "Hot Toys" for 2011?

jellybean051901

Target had some new toys out for girls. Of course I can't remember what they are called at the moment but the were small and could light up and I think they were different colors. They had some kind of video DD was watching about them. I took some cold medicine and my brain is done.

They're Lite Sprites. They are light up color changing fairies. I also think DaGeDar is going to be big this year

looks like rock star mickey and let's rock elmo are coming out in September, maybe they'll be hits? I have high hopes for Elmo last Mickey didn't go very well.

The let's rock elmo looks pretty cool and is very interactive. I think this will be hot this year as well as the accessories. I showed my 2 yr old the video of it and wanted to watch it over and over again. I'm going to order one now.

My DS7 wants some HexBugs - he said today that he only wants 30 nanos. LOL jeez - 30 of those little things buzzing around the house would drive me nuts! I have seen these around for a while - so i don't think they'll be 'hot' - but they appear to be popular in my house. :)

does it seem that the "hottest" toys aren't so hot anymore? Maybe it's just me but ever since zhu zhu pets I just don't have the gotta get it attitude anymore to schlep all my kids out at dawn or before and stand in line in HOPES of getting one of these. I'd rather get something else. And all the "hot" toys have NEVER gotten much use in my house:(

I think MOnster high is gonnas be really big in my house again this year since BOTH of my girls are into it now..Hoping for some good deals on that stuff soon because I know just tracking down a monster high bookbag for school was a hard task!! If anyone sees any deals let me know =)

I saw the single dolls at Big Lots of all places for $15 each but I'm not sure what their going price is.

I just saw the leap pad on TRU. It may be something that will be popular because they are limiting it to one per person. I can't decide if I wan that or the Fisher price IXL.

A pp & I were also talking about how hot this is gonna be. I didn't know whether to get the MobiGo, iXL, InnoTab or LeapPad. I'm going with the LeapPad bcuz of the camera feature. I'm gonna try to get it asap, I have a feeling I should not wait for BF on this. If it goes on sale, hopefully, I can get a price adjustment.

A pp & I were also talking about how hot this is gonna be. I didn't know whether to get the MobiGo, iXL, InnoTab or LeapPad. I'm going with the LeapPad bcuz of the camera feature. I'm gonna try to get it asap, I have a feeling I should not wait for BF on this. If it goes on sale, hopefully, I can get a price adjustment.

I cannot decide between the IXL and the leap pad. I need two. Kmart has the IXL on sale for 59.99 right now but I like the leapster bran and the games available

I cannot decide between the IXL and the leap pad. I need two. Kmart has the IXL on sale for 59.99 right now but I like the leapster bran and the games available

Those are other things I took into consideration, too, was the games available and the brand. Most of dd3's educational toys are LeapFrog....How much is the iXL originally? Maybe put the 2 on layaway at KMart so you have the price locked in until you make your decision.

I think the Paper Jamz microphone and the T-Pain microphone are going to be big this year. I am debating between the 2 and cannot find the white/silver T-Pain mic in stock so far. My girls want the Kachooz are they are not easy to find right now either.

Curious if anyone has heard of the My Keepon robot toy? Not sure that it's going to be "the hot toy" this year as the price is a tad high. But it is a TOYSRUS exclusive item, and not going to be on the market until the end of Oct. Toysrus has it on their website available for preorder now, limit of 2. Thinking this might be a item that demand is high for due to the limited availability. Edited by KrisinTn

Never heard of it but I looked it up and it doesn't seem very special. It'd be nice to be a hot toy since some proceeds will go towards autism research though.

I know, it didn't seem like much to me either...but, hey, I felt the same way about Furbys when my son was little, lol. I was suprised at all the various magazines that had articles written up about this particular toy. Just figured IF it is marketed in the right way with such a late release date and being limited to one store it could be a hard item to find.

My ds loves these trash packs. He has gotten a 12 pack, 2 x 5 packs, and a 2 pack. The little garbage truck is cute. I can see him playing with these with the truck. I went ahead and got him the truck for Christmas. I will pick him up a few more packs when they have a B1G1 50% off.