Black Friday 2011 Anticipation Thread

Guest vita555

Guest vita555

I've started putting things in layway for my kids at kmart u gotta start early I can't wait for Bf I'm so excited

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

Our little one was born December 8th last year so we made last years BF shopping a lot lighter than years past. This year we have the great grandparents lined up to babysit while the rest of us go shopping. Should be fun since our daughter will be 1 for Christmas. :) This has been my wife and my tradition for all the time we've been together. We get up super early grab something cafinated, head out the door wait wait wait, shop a LOT head to Cracker barrel around 7am-8am eat breakfast then head back out shopping grab a late lunch the usually head home around 5pm, nap then put stuff away and have leftovers for dinner.

I've never understood the breakfast thing....but then again even on a regular day if I go shopping during sales I will not stop to eat. People think I'm a slave driver BUT when you only have so much time to shop/look that's more important than eating. So long as I have water I'm good.

:D

What's on your Christmas list this year? My husband asked me for a list yesterday (I nearly fell on the floor), and I have no idea what to tell him.

That is one smart husband... Post a list and keep adding thing or cross them off from there and post it somewhere easy to check up to. Top of list: nothing with plugs that is in the houseware section.

:rolleyes:I thought I was a hard core- but I do stop to eat- but only after I have the first 5 major stores crossed off. By then if I don't get some food and coffee in me, major vehicle accidents could occur.

I may be taking a page from Big Jim Slade and doing the whole tent thing this year.

I keep a small cooler in the car for BF. Usually pack ham rolls to eat if we get hungry. I have had DD get on Amazon and start a wish list. She doesn't have much on it, but at least I know what she is leaning toward.

We usually knock out 3-4 stores before we head to Cracker Barrel, we eat while waiting for BestBuy to start their 9AM release of some of the items they had over stocked for Door Busters. Once we are done there we head to the other side of town for Target/Wal Mart and the other stores over by them. Always end up with pretty much everything we had planned to get. :)

I usually take snacks with me and then go to breakfast/lunch around 11:00. Otherwise it is diet coke and a snickers for me. LOL.

I am so ready to start planning my shopping trip this year. I'll have to be more careful in the crowds (I'll be 8 months pregnant) but I'll be there.

:D

That is one smart husband... Post a list and keep adding thing or cross them off from there and post it somewhere easy to check up to. Top of list: nothing with plugs that is in the houseware section.

I took your advice (including the no plugs from the houseware section) and posted a list on the fridge - that way he can't say he couldn't find it. :-)

:tongue1:I have been with my current company for closing to 3 yrs now. My boss know on Black Friday I will be using my vacation time to be shopping. She comes to my desk today and say " hey where is your vacation notice for the Black Friday ? " My coworker laughed at me. I think last year I had my Black Friday day off request around 4th of July . She asked for it. Less than 10 mintues later the day off notice is on my boss' desk. LOL