Having a very bad day, need a new laptop, help!

I accidentally dropped my laptop today.. when will I learn I can't do it all and haste definitely makes waste today. The screen is broke uggh! It was a few years old Toshiba Satellite but still...why couldn't it be closer to Black Friday and why couldn't I have found one of those clearanced netbooks at Target ? I am looking for something for home use...I mainly surf and look for deals and my son plays a few games on it (ToonTown mainly). Maybe a longer battery life would be nice but not necessary? I don't think I want refurbished...just me don't trust them. or just maybe I should get a desktop so maybe then I won't drop it uggh....it has just been one thing after another day! Any ideas of what I should look for...TIA:(

You might be able to just replace the screen.

I searched on amazon for "replacement laptop screen Toshiba" and I found this

Brand New 15.4" WXGA Glossy Laptop LCD Screen For Toshiba Satellite Series L300, L300D, L305, L355D $87.00+ $7.00 shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Glossy-Laptop-Screen-Toshiba-Satellite/dp/B002HTTRI8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308082781&sr=8-2

I'm sorry this happened. It's so frustrating.

Thanks, that is an idea, is it hard to replace it, I am not good at these things but my hubby can do some It is just one of those days, I seem to be dropping everything today and I think I just want to restart the day lol! I decided to not finish my staining project today as it requires ladders ;) I just don't know if I should put more money in it as it is 4 years old or so. If I do go new what specs do you think I should look for minimally? I saw one HP laptop on gotta deal which didn't sound bad to me....any preferences on brand....we have had Toshiba, Acer (do not like), Dell and my one son just got a Sony Vaio a year or so ago.....My kids say they don't love any of them, just get one...lots of help from them TIA

You might be able to just replace the screen.

I searched on amazon for "replacement laptop screen Toshiba" and I found this

Brand New 15.4" WXGA Glossy Laptop LCD Screen For Toshiba Satellite Series L300, L300D, L305, L355D $87.00+ $7.00 shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Glossy-Laptop-Screen-Toshiba-Satellite/dp/B002HTTRI8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308082781&sr=8-2

I'm sorry this happened. It's so frustrating.

the hp on ebay seems good. I wouldn't get anything lower than a dual core with 4gb memory. You can probably get away with less but it's always nice to know you can go all out and not have to worry.

a video showing how to replace a toshiba screen. It doesn't look difficult per se, may be an idea to try this first before getting a new laptop if it's otherwise fine?

Thanks, I never thought about the screen replacement.....Thanks for the video...I will pass it on to the hubby to decide what to do... Glad today is over for me, just too many things going wrong lately :)

the hp on ebay seems good. I wouldn't get anything lower than a dual core with 4gb memory. You can probably get away with less but it's always nice to know you can go all out and not have to worry.

a video showing how to replace a toshiba screen. It doesn't look difficult per se, may be an idea to try this first before getting a new laptop if it's otherwise fine?