Recon at WM & TRU

omadeal

I live near a 24hr WM and decided to do some recon. In the past they have closed on Tgiving and reopened on Friday. I spoke with the Manager and she confirmed that they would be open on Tgiving with no close before the BF ad pricing started, that they would pricematch items with a stated price (not % off or B1G1) and that layaways put up prior to BF but taken out on BF would reflect BF pricing. [they did not have the dvd player, MP3 player of cabbage patch newborns in stock] No noticable overstock anywhere in the store.

TRU

The freebie this year is a really nice plush Pooh bear. They WILL NOT price match. And the big book ad will start FRIDAY rather than Monday. Further, the manager stated that BF will not be their primary push this year. Rather, they are going to have newspaper ads every week until xmas and each ad will have a couple of big deals. ie. last 2 weeks were B1G1 board games, this week B2G1 video games and B1G1 Barbies. Also, they had tons of green tag stuff at 50% off.

Looks like I'll be spending time at wallyworld.

I live near a 24hr WM and decided to do some recon. In the past they have closed on Tgiving and reopened on Friday. I spoke with the Manager and she confirmed that they would be open on Tgiving with no close before the BF ad pricing started, that they would pricematch items with a stated price (not % off or B1G1) and that layaways put up prior to BF but taken out on BF would reflect BF pricing. [they did not have the dvd player, MP3 player of cabbage patch newborns in stock] No noticable overstock anywhere in the store.

TRU

The freebie this year is a really nice plush Pooh bear. They WILL NOT price match. And the big book ad will start FRIDAY rather than Monday. Further, the manager stated that BF will not be their primary push this year. Rather, they are going to have newspaper ads every week until xmas and each ad will have a couple of big deals. ie. last 2 weeks were B1G1 board games, this week B2G1 video games and B1G1 Barbies. Also, they had tons of green tag stuff at 50% off.

:yelclap: Good, thanks for the info!!! I can pm the Virgin Mobiles at WM and can skip RS all together. I am sooooo happy. That will allow me to make it to JCPenney for the snowglobe and whatever deals they have before my next store. :greenappl:2wiggle::bunny:

TRU is still a better place to look for video games, etc. Pricematching is a PITB to do at the Walmart here. And the customer service is better at TRU. Besides, the few items I want at Walmart, I will be doing most of my BF shopping elsewhere.

And the green tag clearance at TRU is actually 50% off the green tags. I saw loads of Pixter color software, which would be $4.98.

sorry if I didn't make it clear on the green tags. Our TRU had the juicebox stuff. It seemed like a really good deal but I'm not sure how much stuff you end up buying to go with it.

The other big bargain was a spiderman lead pad for $18.00. It was really cute and great incentive to get your boys to read.

Was at my local Wal-Mart getting a prescription filled this morning.....found the BF Early Bird HP laptop already being stocked. Regular price is $688.

My sister is wanting to pick one up BF, so I will definitly be checking my WM to see if its in yet so she can go ahead and put it on layaway and that will be one less item we have to get on BF. Thanks:howdy:

TRU

MY kids are now 5 and almost 4. I ahve been following the trends of sales at TRU for the past few years holiday seasons. I see no noticeable difference this year. Generally starting the last weekend of Sept or first weekend of Oct they start having decent sales on toys. This goes on up to and including the very last days before Christmas with at least one BOGO or B2GO per ad.

They would still have a pretty good deal on BF. I still want to see TRU's ad before i say they wont have any good deals.

Guest Deals4Me

Did you get any of the Little Tykes stuff BOGO last week?

Sadly, No. We were broke trying to play catch up from last month, hubby's old job was going out of business, and he got 2 paychecks that were 149, and 158 for a week... We were seriously hurting...so last week with the new jobs paycheck was catch up big time....

:( Too bad thats among the best sales they have for the season for kids your age. Generally they will have a sale on the Elmo of the season and I expect one for the Tigger of this season and the Blue's Room Doll too. Does your little one like any of those characters?

Was at my local Wal-Mart getting a prescription filled this morning.....found the BF Early Bird HP laptop already being stocked. Regular price is $688.

I really really doubt that is the same model laptop. You would have to do a UPC comparison and I'm pretty sure it is different. That $688 laptop does not have enough markup room to sell for $400.