Taking out of your hands or cart?

drmy91

Years and Years ago I wanted a cabbage patch doll...this is when they first came out... and being that my hubby and I were just fresh married he braved the stores for it as his gift to me that year. He stood at the table that was marked cabbage patch dolls, the salesclerk told him she would be right back with a supply of them. Now mind you he wasnt alone there were about 30 old ladies waiting for those dolls but he was first in line and he is a big guy 6'2 200 plus black hair, black eyes, dark complected (sp). So of course he thought no one in their right mind would think about snatching the dolls from him. The sales clerk came back threw the dolls in their shipping boxes on the table and ran!!! LOL my hubby grabbed 2 and started to walk away (that was the allowed amount) those old ladies took one look at him and started grabbing those dolls...he was sooo shocked they got the damn dolls!!!

The clerck says sir I have another bunch if you wait lol. He waits and when they come out again he grabs 2 and runs from the table in a football hold shoulder shovin move LOL. He made it out of the strore with one and she is treasured to this day. LOL he says this is why he will not shop!!!

BTW when he told this story on xmas morning my family and I all about wet ourselves from this story. My mind still has this image of him running from the table with sheer terror in his eyes tackling old ladies to get away.

:2roller:

Ok, this isn't a BF story, but still, it was around the holidays, and it shows how rude ppl can be. My sister worked at a Bath and Body works, and there was a lady in the store with her daughter, I think she was around 6 or something along those lines. Anyway, the mother was checking out and her daughter was standing right next to her. Another women, was apparently trying to get through, smack the girl on top of the head, and of course the mother didnt see this, but my sister (who was the cashier) did see it. The little girl yells out Ouch, (it wasnt just a light tap to get her attention. It was a smack. Anyway, the lady asked my sister if she saw what happened. My sister stated all she saw was a hand move and her daughter say ouch. Basically stating the women hit her daughter, although she can't be sure of it, so the woman confronted the lady who hit her daughter and this woman actually said, well your daughter shouldnt have been standing there! So the mother slapped the lady across the face. Police were called and My sister actually almost got written up for telling the lady what she did see. *she admits she knows she hit her, and she completely agreed with the mother saying something to the woman* I agree with the mother, as a mother, my child is instructed to not leave my side, no matter who what where when or how someone asks them to walk away. He will not walk away from me*of course he doesnt really listen to me anyway just yet, but at that age, he will, i hope.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this wonderful story with everyone and remind you that despite the sales, we all need to be careful and considerate still. What good does a 79.00 portable dvd player do us, if we're in jail. You wouldn't get to watch it in the cell!

Well in Texas we have that new Concealed handgun law so I know I won't even think about it. You never know whats hiding in a jacket or a purse.

hmmm, this is my first time doing BF in texas, think I should have my husband bring his gun? heh, Naw, Just make sure my husband goes with. He'll protect me, 6'1 and well, mostly muscle, I hope nobody pulls a gun on us. :/

We sometimes use 2 carts so we can go to different sections of the store, and we never leave them unattended! We even keep in contact on our cell phones so we can meet at checkout. We treat it like a little military operation, we aren't normal:loli: :7beer:

Guest CS.Dean

I have been going to Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving for several years. There is a TRU next door. We always get a good laugh about 5 am or so when they open TRU. Usually the local police get called and then there is always the ambulance that follows. The bad part is that it is the grown ups that end up fighting and getting hurt. The worst year was when they had the Power Rangers giveway for the first few customers.

One year at Best Buy When the doors opened and I was about 6 or7 th inline I had this woman who was about 5'2 and 110lbs tried to run me over ( I am 5'8 and 195), she ended up bouncing off me and took out a metal shelf. It was hysterical at the time. I did not feel bad at all.

This has happened to me. Two years ago I was shopping with my mom at Target's Easter clearance the day things went 90% off. A woman grabbed an easter egg wall hanging out of my hands. I normally would have fought for it but, I already had one and I had a headache so I just said "I can't believe you just did that." She said that she really wanted it and walked away. A little later I found my mom and that same lady was standing right next to her. I told my mom about the incident and said "I figured if that lady's life is so empty and pathetic that she needed to grab the thing from me that she could have it." Then I looked over at the woman and said "Oh, that was you wasn't it?" She looked horrified. She said that no one had ever spoken to her that way and that I was the rudest person she had ever met. I said "I guess you haven't looked in the mirror lately then." She walked away crying. I hope she thinks twice before she tries that again.

I have never had anyone take anything from me, but I have had people shove me out of the way......which is why I have NEVER waited at the electronics dept in Walmart for anything...I figure if someone needs it that bad......go at it. BUT...our Walmart has recently remodeled and the newer walmarts have an open floor plan at the electronics department..which gives alot more room to move......so maybe this year I will brave the elecrtonics dept..lol..who knows.

However, reading all the responses.......wonder how many kids even know where the toy is that is soooo important by New Year's.....THAT is the reason I gave up the most popular toy hunt.......they want them THAT DAY...within a week.....they barely notice it.

There is always police at our Target and Walmart. I know it's not BF usually if there is not a fight.

I go w/ my DH and sister. DH is the driver/cart watcher. Usually it's his job to get a cart, park it in an uncongested area (maybe the diaper aisle or furniture) and then watch it while we work our way around the store and bring things back to the cart. It usually works for us.

I know one year I was at TRU and they had the big Tonka trucks on sale I got one for my friend because she went one way I went the other way we both had each others list so who ever found the item first got it .. After I got mine there was only one more left and two ladies were fighting over the last one. I dont mean yelling at each other FIST FIGHTING over a toy :slaphappy

This is crazy. Guess my town is realitely calm or they are way too tired for all the craziness. Last year, I went to the 24 hour Wal-mart before sale started and some lady and I traded services. We were both after the same two toys so she grabbed an extra Dora for me and I got her a LeapPad. She was really nice! I am hoping that things go this well again this year. I have an entire list of things that I want including the Gameboy for my husband...he is deploying and wants it to keep him busy at night.

One year at Kmart I had enlisted the help of my sister because I needed several TV's, a microwave, and several VCR's. I collected all the items and stacked them up near the back of the store until I could bring carts back. She guarded the stack and a lady tried to take one of the TV's. My sister said "Look lady, I don't know you, but I do know my sister and I am not going to have to explain how her TV disappeared, so BACK OFF!" I was so proud of her. I thought that would be the last time she went with me, but she still goes along to help.

I'M GUILTY!!! Well, not exactly. A few years ago my boyfriend (now husband) really wanted some video game that was released just before BF and it was on a really good sale but, OF COURSE, no stores had any and they weren't getting anymore before Christmas!! So I happened into my malls movie store (SUNCOAST I think) and there was this 6 year old boy walking around with their LAST COPY!!! I followed him around the store watching to see if he put it down and he didn't. Keep in mind this was a very adult game and he had no idea what he had. So when he wondered into the kid's section I asked him if I could "see it" for a second and he WILLINGLY handed it to me. I pretended to read the back and when he lost interest in me I ran up to the register and paid for it. I kind of felt bad, but he was too young for it anyway!!!

These stories remind me of that movie "Jingle All the Way" where everyone was trying to get that boys' action figure/doll, I can't remember the name of it. People are nuts!

The worst that has happened to me was getting a few carts from behind. Besides that, I have yet to be the victim of a BF cart looting. :P

Turbo Man