Ad Thieves grrr

Mara

I am seeing our adds pop up on other sites Gotta love the gotta deal thing snuck into the Walmart list lol. This site I just saw someone link to if you look at the Walmart scan it has the Gotta Deal water mark all over it. Sheesh bunch of thieves. Oh well advertising for over here I suppose but still no shame. We outta get them :flame::fryingpan:gd_shake::wife::chairshot

MAra

Not if you take some time in Photoshop... ;) But who wants to put that kinda time into it, just to claim they got the ad as well (from the source)? :rotflol:

yeah just shows Gottadeal was first. I still think it shows no shame lol. Let them do thier own ad hunting :)

Mara

Ok found a third and noticed something concerning. When I run a search on yahoo for Black Friday ads 2005 or Black friday site this site isn't popping up but a few others are same on google. How do we fix that?

Mara

Ok found a third and noticed something concerning. When I run a search on yahoo for Black Friday ads 2005 or Black friday site this site isn't popping up but a few others are same on google. How do we fix that?

Mara

You know, that's strange--I did a search the other day for Black Friday or something similar and this was the first one, at the top, as a sponsored link.

Ohhh--I searched on google, not yahoo.

You know, that's strange--I did a search the other day for Black Friday or something similar and this was the first one, at the top, as a sponsored link.

Ohhh--I searched on google, not yahoo.

Same here. Gottadeal was highlighted at the top of Google's page as a sponsored link.

Yeah we are paying for those Google ads - a few pennies per click so it's not too bad to bring more people to the site.

As for the ads spreading around, it's going to happen with every ad. The other sites are going to get a lot of the ads before us (we only got a couple of them first last year), and will probably watermark them as well. But we'll still post them - we won't try to remove the watermark because we know that even if you go to every single other BF site out there, you'll find this one to be the best, have the most features, no annoying ads, and by far the busiest and friendliest forum.

In fact if another site has the scanned ads first, go ahead and download them from there and use their bandwidth :P, but then come here to discuss them and add the items to your shopping list :) And really, having the ad a few hours before another site doesn't do much good when you can't buy anything until BF anyway, lol.

I am so glad that this site had these two ads first. The waiting on the first ad was getting terrible. But, I won't go to any of the other sites because I trust this site and love it here. I am comfortable here so here is where I stay. I have never even seen the other sites. Last year I came across this one but never posted. I love this!!! It's getting closer, and closer, and closer...

I see nothing wrong with the various BF sites using each other's info. I mean, HELLO, aren't we all here for the same common goal? Great deals on BF? What really grinds my gears is when people calim it as their own when it is so obviously not.

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with sharing the info. In the past sites have claimed they had the ads first when they didn't which is why the watermarking started as a way to "prove" who had it.

Every year there are more and more BF sites that pop up. Some have good intentions of being a "mirror" of the info in case other sites are down, while others do it only to make money from ads. Here at GD we do it because we've been BF shoppers for a long time and it's just fun to do this thing every year, but also because it's the perfect way to let a lot of people know that we have this forum and main GD site that's open 365 days a year and you can find great deals at any time, not just during BF.

Last year was the first year the BF site was on GD (it was on one of my other sites before that) and many of our currrent forum "regulars" found us because of the BF site last year, so that made it all worth it and we hope many of you who have just found the site will stick around after BF :)