Any idea when walmart clearance toys will hit 75% off?

Jasmine35

• 2 weeks later...
Our Walmart never marks their clearance down. They have some things I've literally seen on clearance shelves for 2yrs at the same price. They're going to have to do something soon I would think because they have their lawn and garden center filled with clearance merch. Not sure where they think they'll put that stuff when it comes time ??

From what I understand, there are two different kinds of markdowns. The first are global markdowns, like with the toys after Christmas. Every store had the same toys marked 50% off. The second kind deals with markdown money. Once a month the stores get markdown dollars, and it is up to that store to use the markdown money to further reduce the items that they want. This is why the prices are all over the place, unless it was a global markdown, the managers all spend their markdown dollars in different ways. As for 75% off, it is rare, but I did find Toy Story Karate Buzz Lightyear for $7.00 last week, down from $24.97. They had an endcap full! Guess we know where those markdown dollars went!

It's been about 4 years since my Wal-Mart had a good toy markdown. :( One year they did an additional 50% off clearance price on toys and they were pulling tons and tons of toys from the back that were marked super super cheap already. They did the additional 50% off each day until they got through every department. I really really really really really wish that they would do this again!!