Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Most items must be returned within 90 days and must be in new and unused condition and contain all original packaging and accessories. Some items have a modified return policy noted on the receipt and in the "Item details, shipping" tab for your item. The following items must be returned within 45 days: Computer Hardware (Netbooks, eReaders, Tablets), Cameras and Camcorders. Music, movies, video games, software and collectibles cannot be returned if opened. GiftCards, prepaid cell phones, prepaid cards (including music, game and phone cards), or other items that carry financial value cannot be returned. This applies to both store and mail-in returns. Photo ID may be required for in-store returns. All bundled items must be returned with all components for a refund. Some items cannot be returned if opened. See the full Returns & Refunds Policy as some additional restrictions may apply.

found this on target.com

Most items must be returned within 90 days and must be in new and unused condition and contain all original packaging and accessories. Some items have a modified return policy noted on the receipt and in the "Item details, shipping" tab for your item. The following items must be returned within 45 days: Computer Hardware (Netbooks, eReaders, Tablets), Cameras and Camcorders. Music, movies, video games, software and collectibles cannot be returned if opened. GiftCards, prepaid cell phones, prepaid cards (including music, game and phone cards), or other items that carry financial value cannot be returned. This applies to both store and mail-in returns. Photo ID may be required for in-store returns. All bundled items must be returned with all components for a refund. Some items cannot be returned if opened. See the full Returns & Refunds Policy as some additional restrictions may apply.

found this on target.com

Always knew about this, but still doesn't answer why there way a return by date on my 75% off receipt, but not on my 50% off receipt. Possibly in the 3 days after I bought the first one, they made a change in policy. I purchased the first camcorder (for 50% off) just last Friday (which was Sept 30). Maybe beginning Oct. 1st, they've started making that 45 day policy clearer by printing the date under each item it applies to??

Always good to make things clearer to the customer :))

since we are talking about abnormalities .. one of the targets i usually shop the price scanners do not work anymore( all of them)... its been like this for more then couple of weeks ... since i like to scan scan ..i am not comfortable shopping there anymore...:(

that beyond annoys me....because there's always SOMETHING marked wrong..and there's always stuff listed on here as cheaper worth checking. Luckily when it happened here there was 1 working scanner which wasn't as big a hassle as when macy's did it because they have no shopping carts and it's annoying lugging things around hoping they're marked down.

I think it depends on what you're looking for for clearance items but here are a few things I've bought this week at 75% off:

Boys solid color cherokee T-shirts $1.24

Boys short sleeve/short PJ set $2.50

Boys PJ shorts $1.74

16 piece stoneware dinnerware set $12.48

Plus I saw picture frames, kid sheet sets, pool toys, and electronics(camera cases, headphones, etc - I'm waiting for Wii remote chargers to go) at 75% off

Always knew about this, but still doesn't answer why there way a return by date on my 75% off receipt, but not on my 50% off receipt. Possibly in the 3 days after I bought the first one, they made a change in policy. I purchased the first camcorder (for 50% off) just last Friday (which was Sept 30). Maybe beginning Oct. 1st, they've started making that 45 day policy clearer by printing the date under each item it applies to??

Always good to make things clearer to the customer :))

I think that is likely. The new signs JUST went up. Could be they started the new policy 10/1. I think they are trying to reduce returns in general, so they can use the policy to cut people off if they are returning more than they want and just point to the policy. They probably are trying to just be more clear on electronics. The ID thing may mean they plan to start tracking people's returns, too. That has happened with other stores. They monitor overall returns and cut people off if they return more than they like.

I think that is likely. The new signs JUST went up. Could be they started the new policy 10/1. I think they are trying to reduce returns in general, so they can use the policy to cut people off if they are returning more than they want and just point to the policy. They probably are trying to just be more clear on electronics. The ID thing may mean they plan to start tracking people's returns, too. That has happened with other stores. They monitor overall returns and cut people off if they return more than they like.

does target has any policy regarding number of returns????... i tend to buy a lot so my number of returns is also more...shd i be more careful before i buy??? that definately changes how I shop at target...:((

does target has any policy regarding number of returns????... i tend to buy a lot so my number of returns is also more...shd i be more careful before i buy??? that definately changes how I shop at target...:((

As a company they do not. However, there have been cases where they have limited returns for people. There was a famous (infamous) piece on 48 hours or one of those night time "news" programs several years ago where they stopped a woman doing any more returns at all. We have a local store (just one) that has a limit of $250 in returns per day. Individual store managers have a lot of leeway in that regard. I am just very suspicious of the new wording, and would not be the least bit surprised if they do start putting limits. If they start tracking all returns by asking for an ID, I'd almost guarantee that they intend to do it. So far they have not started regularly asking for ID. I also do a lot of returns because I buy a lot. You may simply want to do what I do, and spread your returns out over multiple stores and don't do them in bulk. It is easier to leave them to pile up a bit and do them all at once, but probably better to keep up with them and make the effort to go to different stores for it. I imagine you have several stores near you since you are in NoCal.

As a company they do not. However, there have been cases where they have limited returns for people. There was a famous (infamous) piece on 48 hours or one of those night time "news" programs several years ago where they stopped a woman doing any more returns at all. We have a local store (just one) that has a limit of $250 in returns per day. Individual store managers have a lot of leeway in that regard. I am just very suspicious of the new wording, and would not be the least bit surprised if they do start putting limits. If they start tracking all returns by asking for an ID, I'd almost guarantee that they intend to do it. So far they have not started regularly asking for ID. I also do a lot of returns because I buy a lot. You may simply want to do what I do, and spread your returns out over multiple stores and don't do them in bulk. It is easier to leave them to pile up a bit and do them all at once, but probably better to keep up with them and make the effort to go to different stores for it. I imagine you have several stores near you since you are in NoCal.

thx .. this definatly helps..:)

not much to report on clearance .. found Men's Shorts at 75% ( Champion, Merona )

Maybe we should start asking for gift receipts everytime we check out. If they won't take something back with receipt, won't they have to take it back with a gift receipt?

Maybe we should start asking for gift receipts everytime we check out. If they won't take something back with receipt, won't they have to take it back with a gift receipt?

This is all an abundance of caution because they MIGHT start doing this. I think we should all just keep an eye on things and report any major changes. I asked one of my pals in GS today, and he said the only major change was really the electronics one. They wanted to make it clearer. Hopefully that is all it is and we won't see any big changes.

Major find of the day: They have BOOOOOBerry cereal out (ok that is probally only MY obsession!)

I found lots of men's and girls clothing 75%

Mens:

Mens shorts with belt for $4.98

Sleeveless shirt by jersey $0.98

Men's mesh shorts (workout shorts) 2.74

Men's golf polos 4.98 (got one for DH and one for DS13 in every color they had!)

Girls:

Circo bermuda 1.98 (khaki)

Circo denim skort 1.98

MS Denim skirt 3.24

Home:

RE body pillow cover 2.48

Xlt Sheets 4.98

XLT 5peice bedding set 9.98 (they were salvaging these at my store but I grabbed it before she could and they gave it to me for the 12.48, she was NOT thrilled when I also handed them the Target printable for 20% off that)

My best finds today were

Liz Lange tee shirt 0.74! (after $3 Target printable)

Presto large fry daddy (this is the big one!) 29.99 (50%)

and a Task Lamp (desk lamp with base that is a pencil holder with compartments) 3.24

My store was salvaging BTS and bedding (leaving sheets sets out)

I also had to talk myself out of passing up an online return! It is still irking me! It was a Kindle 2 with 3G for 97.xx

I also buy a lot of return quite a bit... I think all my returns this year add up to less than $100 since they are really small ticket items in general. I don't buy electronics there so I don't have any of that... but mostly clothes and a few toys. Sometimes it works in their favor - I buy a lot more and I definitely keep a lot more. I should probably limit myself and stop buying the iffy stuff. Another reason I like Kohling better when it comes to clothing.

I've been watching boys toddler swim trunks and those babies just don't want to get marked down here :no:

I am stalking a Casio wk-200 keyboard for one of my boys. Its is regular $199 on clearance for $99. If anyone sees these go to $50 please post. The Hillcrest Target has 2 I am going to check the Greenbriar one in the morning. TIA It has to go to $50 for me to stay in budget.

found boys sleep sets for 2.50 down from 9.99 I'll post dcpi's later. I'm eagle eyed at Target after my last return debacle. It still irks me how they will sell you a set for 2.50 but then have the tops only marked higher on same shelf as missing item. And a cute girls short for 3.xx. None of the girl stuff was 75% here and only that style pj in boys but girls clearance is mostly school stuff now.

I am stalking a Casio wk-200 keyboard for one of my boys. Its is regular $199 on clearance for $99. If anyone sees these go to $50 please post. The Hillcrest Target has 2 I am going to check the Greenbriar one in the morning. TIA It has to go to $50 for me to stay in budget.

I went ahead and bought one in Columbus, OH for the $99 price. I was worried I wouldn't catch it at $50. Ive been to 3 other Targets in our area and they are still selling them for full price. If I find one at $50, I will post.

I went ahead and bought one in Columbus, OH for the $99 price. I was worried I wouldn't catch it at $50. Ive been to 3 other Targets in our area and they are still selling them for full price. If I find one at $50, I will post.

Thank You!! I checked the other Target close to me and they do not have any in stock. Have you tried it out by any chance?

Thank You!! I checked the other Target close to me and they do not have any in stock. Have you tried it out by any chance?

I haven't tried it yet. It got great reviews on amazon and best buy. I am going to try it in the next couple of days. I got it as a Christmas present for my daughter. I can't wait to get this thing out of the box!

I am not sure which model I got. It was a Casio though. I only paid $38.xx as it was an internet return. I gave it to my friends daughter and they are thrilled with it, all the sound effects and special things it does. Be careful though as this model did not come with a power cord and that is the way they are sold by Casio. My friend just went to Radio Shack and got the standard jack/cord for $10.

I am not sure which model I got. It was a Casio though. I only paid $38.xx as it was an internet return. I gave it to my friends daughter and they are thrilled with it, all the sound effects and special things it does. Be careful though as this model did not come with a power cord and that is the way they are sold by Casio. My friend just went to Radio Shack and got the standard jack/cord for $10.

Thanks I will be sure to check. I have another question too. I went in today to check the keyboard (no price drop) but while I was there I walked through toys. I found a great Toy (Fisher Price Wheelie Ramp???) anyway it was marked AS IS and priced for around $10. Now I am wondering what the difference is between clearance and AS IS. The box is in great shape and none of the cars are missing. Should I open it to be sure its all there or did I just get lucky. I ran back into Target tonight to check the keyboard and saw 3 more of the same toy at regular price.

It has me a little worried.